1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another strike Q.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cally1980, Jun 29, 2011.

1. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I have been asked to leave out all the work for a supply teacher to use tomorrow when covering my class because of the strike. I have informed SLT that union advice is not to leave work for class cover as that would undermine the point of striking and that I might as well be working. I feel that this has now caused me problems and am waiting someone getting back to me about this - I have been told that I am working today and therefore do the work I have been asked to do today. Any advice? Should I just leave the work? If I do that then striking is surely pointless as I might as well be in?

2. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Your headteacher should not have got supply in for a striking teacher. Don't leave the work.

3. You are absolutely right not to leave work. I hope the supply isn't from an agency - that is illegal. S/he can bring his/her own work!
    Seek union support if your Head persists in this.