1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another set up interview...feeling down

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by harry1978, May 25, 2011.

1. No numeracy for 6 days - that is very bad!!
    Yes I think what is mentioned in the first post happened to me - it only dawned on me.........like now!!!
    Got to keep applying even though these are setbacks for us that lose out like Theo would say.

2. brunetta

brunetta New commenter

Oh I know, it's really disheartening. I'm a career changer and must say that I find the whole process of applying for teaching posts horrible and bewildering. In my previous career, jobs were first advertised internally and then, if there was no suitable internal candidate, advertised externally.
    I've just heard that the school which one of my children attends is cutting down on teachers.I was surprised 'cos they had recently advertised for a KS2 teacher. That school had two internal candidates - teachers already teaching at the school. It was one of the 2 that got the job.
    I'm not peeved that those already in a school get a job I'm peeved that people put a lot of time and energy into the application process, interview lessons, interviews etc when there might have been little chance of a job in the first place.