1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another request for help finding a song

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mfl-hopeful, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hello Everyone,
    I was listening to the radio yesterday and I heard a song that I loved but don't know the title or artist. I have emailed the station but waiting for a reply.
    I know it's a female singer and I (vaguely) think it was a club/dance genre. Some of the lyrics...
    "...so save the last daaaaance"
    Might have been imagining it but it might have had the lyrics "with your hand in my... and love in my heart"
    I do realise that by this point I might sound like a raving loony but my memory is shoddy in comparison to most other people's. Gah!
    I have tried all the usual lyrics search engines and checked the top 40 charts.
    Help please!

2. Hello Everyone,
    I was listening to the radio yesterday and I heard a song that I loved but don't know the title or artist. I have emailed the station but waiting for a reply.
    I know it's a female singer and I (vaguely) think it was a club/dance genre. Some of the lyrics...
    "...so save the last daaaaance"
    Might have been imagining it but it might have had the lyrics "with your hand in my... and love in my heart"
    I do realise that by this point I might sound like a raving loony but my memory is shoddy in comparison to most other people's. Gah!
    I have tried all the usual lyrics search engines and checked the top 40 charts.
    Help please!

3. LOL - I doubt very much you mean The Drifters' song [​IMG]

4. I know, I think it must have been quiet recent, last couple of years if not last year. I'm checking the dance charts.

5. Up!
    Someone could be able to help.

6. Some radio stations post their playlists or their most popular tracks - have you tried just searchig the site?

7. I have tried:

searching the radio station for a playlist/popular songs

emailing the radio station

searching google and lyrics websites

checking the music and dance charts from UK and America

8. Sorry don't know how to get paragraphs or line spacing.

9. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

Is it The Last Dance by Clare Maguire??

10. Crystasecrets I could marry you! I'm sure you'll settle for this... don't have emoticons (big glass of your favourite wine)

11. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

lol thanks, no marriage neccesary. I know how annoying it is when you get a song stuck in your head but you can't identify it. :)

12. OK, let's see.
    Which radio station - might help us focus down more tightly
    Female singer, club dance song, possibly american
    Lyrics might borrow from a well known song, so let's not get confused
    ...so save the last daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance...
    ... with your hand in ... and love in my heart

So it's not going to be Michael Buble....or Anne Murray or anyone else who covered Save the Last Dance though the lyrics are so close!
    Nope! Sorry. An exhaustive Google has come up with Justin Bieber doing Put your hand in mine!! Not really likely!

13. I know, it was made even harder that the song hasn't been released yet and I didn't catch the radio dj saying the song name.

Anyway, thanks a million.

14. Thanks for trying Pobble, thought appreicated.