1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another PPE Scandal

Discussion in 'Personal' started by peakster, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Ah, Facebook. Don't mock it!

Along with Twitter it's one of those objective and factual places where all the really clever people get their information from...

2. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

I bet...

What do you say that someone like that would find offensive?

Catgirl1964 and Jamvic like this.
  3. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Deleted

4. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Punctuality is not racist.

5. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Depends on what you were saying I would imagine.

6. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Join in with the losing weight thread, loads of good advice for avoiding food on there.

7. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

This site is a bit Mills & Boon when it comes to mentioning certain topics.

8. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Surely you don't expect the blond bonker to waste his precious time on such trivia. He has much more important matters to deal with.
    [​IMG]

9. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Hmm, good numbers for ministers to parrot, but slightly less impressive when they count gloves as singles and (according to Panorama) include items not usually classed as PPE including cleaning equipment, waste bags, detergent and paper towel.

10. ajrowing

ajrowing Star commenter

Sorry, I thought your point was that doctors should concentrate on their medical work and not on politics, or does that only apply to doctors whose politics you don't agree with?

11. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Do you actually believe what you read on facebook? :eek::eek::eek:

12. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

https://goodlawproject.org/news/ppe...vtZkyl75uy0NNQgKCKADmcd61TdguvtykAzaORp3PpcQM

The Government awarded a PPE contract worth £252 million to Ayanda Capital Limited, a ‘family office’ owned through a tax haven in Mauritius, with connections to Liz Truss. It is the largest PPE contract we have seen to date.

In response to judicial review proceedings issued by Good Law Project, the Government has admitted that the 50 million FFP2 masks they purchased from Ayanda Capital – for a price that we calculate to be between £156m and £177m – “will not be used in the NHS” because “there was concern as to whether the[y]… provided an adequate fixing.

So, unless Government finds another use for, or seeks to sell, those unsuitable masks, that money has been wasted. And as for the remaining 150 million Type IIR masks purchased from Ayanda Capital? Government has admitted they also require further testing and have not been released for use in the NHS.

We have also unearthed another absolutely remarkable feature of the £252 million Ayanda contract. Matt Hancock’s lawyers have now admitted they planned to enter into that contract with a £100 company wholly owned by Liz Truss’ adviser Andrew Mills and his wife. Mr Mills asked – and Government agreed – to enter into it with Ayanda instead because the £100 company (Prospermill Limited) didn’t have “international payment infrastructure.” Just how much has this arrangement prospered Mills?

Good Law Project and EveryDoctor has now issued three sets of judicial review proceedings in relation to the procurement of PPE – with a pest controller, a confectioner, and Ayanda/Prospermill. Not one of those contracts has resulted in any PPE yet being released for use in the NHS. The entirety of the PPE delivered under these three contracts is either untested or has already been found to be unusable.

These are the facts – and they are not disputed.

13. Scintillant

upload_2020-8-7_9-8-52.png

14. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

White culture is obsessed with 'mechanical time' -- clock time -- and punishes students for lateness. This is but one example of how whiteness undercuts Black kids.

15. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

If goods are not supplied to the specification ordered, it is normal for the customer to be refunded - the customer is not required to sell the faulty product to others !

16. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

The corruption is blatant and the perpetrators unapologetic. That's the real scandal.

17. Scintillant

You'll have to explain how punctuality relates to my comment that you replied to. I don't have a clue here. I must be missing the obvious...

18. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

Is there any evidence that a different party in power would have made a better decision?

19. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Thanks. I don't think I'm quite at the stage of losing weight yet - well, maybe a few pounds wouldn't hurt - but I'm fairly sure I'm at the stage of not needing to eat so many cakes and biscuits. I have almost no willpower when it comes to cake with a cup of tea in the afternoon... If I didn't get a lot of exercise I think I would definitely have a problem...