1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another PPA Rant!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by SIRFRANK, Mar 29, 2011.

1. hmmm that doesnt seem right, no. The only way they could sneak that in was if the lit visit was just for ppa in your classroom, and to help your own practice. Then Im sure there's some sneaky bending of rule a greasy HT could find

2. The literacy visit is to support me in improving and developing literacy across the school. I have already had to lead numerous INSET sessions, which obviously take time to plan & organise. We have to bid for time for curriculum release for our subjects, but this term I didn't bid for any extra time as I knew I had a couple of sessions with the literacy consultant. Now I am being told that it can make up for missing my PPA I'm LIVID!

3. I wouldnt worry too much, theres people under 50 ft of rubble still in Japan.

4. I get your point. But why should we have to put up with being messed about like this and not receiving what we are entitled to.

5. The head cannot tell you how to spend your ppa time. You do not have to have any meetings ect in your time, It should not be altered once timetabled, either.

Ask for extra ppa time next week to make up for not getting any this week.

Log any such events and express your dissatisfaction then consult union if it continues.

6. Thanks for your reply Gertie. I had been thinking about adding this week's PPA time onto next week's, but likelihood is that as its the last week of term we probably won't get PPA anyway!

7. I appreciate that it's a pain when you lose your PPA time, however having joined SMT this year and having to deal with the budget, if you've lost your PPA time as the school can't afford to cover the extra time, I can fully appreciate the predicament they're in too.
    However, if it's not a budget problem, then I agree you should get it back.
    Our financial situation has been really poor this year and if you go on a course, regardless of whether it's your PPA time on that day or not, you don't get your PPA time that week!