1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another PGCE applicant lol

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hwoollams, May 23, 2011.

1. I was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions,

I have an interview next tuesday for an Early Years PGCE course, and I have to comment on current issues within education (media) which could affect me as a new teacher! I was considering doing something technology related, as the school I am working in at the moment has just started using IPads and they have been very effective as a teaching tool..

Would anyone have any suggestions? either on the technology and education or just general threads to do with education in the system at the minute!

Thanks for your help!

2. I was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions,

I have an interview next tuesday for an Early Years PGCE course, and I have to comment on current issues within education (media) which could affect me as a new teacher! I was considering doing something technology related, as the school I am working in at the moment has just started using IPads and they have been very effective as a teaching tool..

Would anyone have any suggestions? either on the technology and education or just general threads to do with education in the system at the minute!

Thanks for your help!

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Are you saying they're using iPads in Early Years settings? Really?

4. I would def say that teaching 'computers' seems silly when we wont have the same type of computer by the time these children leave school and work. I don't teach my class 'how to use the computer' at all, instead I allow them to work things out for themselves (as this is the skill they will need!) and focus more on everyday technology like using the phone or the interactive whiteboard or the camera and video camera.