1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another loss to the profession.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Charlie38y4, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Charlie38y4

Charlie38y4 New commenter

I have been broken today by some very sad news. Mr William (John) Dyal, a retired teacher of Art from the City Of Ely Community College, Cambridgeshire, was tragically killed in a road accident along with his wife Helen a few days ago.

John was a wonderful man to work with. As a teacher he was nothing short of exemplary; he didn't suffer fools gladly, but he wouldn't make you feel like one either. I had the pleasure of being a student under him during the late 1980's and working with him as a TA in the early 1990's. I guess it was strange to see both sides of him, from behind the desks and in front of them too.

John's sense of enthusiasm in the class was matched only by his love of his work. Helen once told me that the school saw more of him than she did, but that she didn't mind whatsoever.

John and Helen leave a son and daughter. They also leave a whole lot of memories behind.

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

May they both rest in peace and his friends and family remember the good times and precious memories.

3. That's very sad that such a good person has passed away and very sad for the children to lose both their parents at the same time. I agree with Dragonlady's sentiments. RIP