1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another gift thread

Discussion in 'Personal' started by littlemissraw, Feb 8, 2011.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Well as everyone is posting I thought I'd ask for some help too...
    I like to think I'm usually quite good at shopping for gifts, but I'm dreadful with budgets!
    Its my OH's birthday in a few weeks and I can't say how truly fantastic he's been, especially this last 12 months when I've lost my job, been ill, and today had some insert expletive here hit my car and drive off.
    The main problem is I'm flat broke, my pay next month is about £300 and whilst I would usually be giving all that to him (as he is being a star and paying for everything) it now needs to go towards my car insurance excess [​IMG]
    I know he would be very unimpressed if I spent much on him by using my CC so was hoping for ideas for thoughtful gifts that don't cost too much. He's in his mid 20's and loves cars (I would have loved to have got him a track day in his own car but they're £100ish)
    I should have a million ideas as we've been together a long time but I find men so much harder to buy for then women, especially on a budget. Please help! xx

2. Buy yourself some lingerie and shag him senseless in it.

We men are simple creatures, barely more sentient than a rock.

cyolba, relate's counsellor of the year (1842) :)

3. littlemissraw

[​IMG] do men even notice saucy underwear?! Its off so fast I do wonder... lol

4. The secret is to leave it on...

(and to make him think it' was his idea to leave it on).

cyolba, giving away male secrets :)

5. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

6. littlemissraw

Well this was his Christmas gift
    http://www.charlieromeo.com/shop/love.html (The IOU cards)

lol so although a great idea I need some new ones! He still has 4 to redeem [​IMG]

Hes not a hug TV fan, bought him a few box sets but they rarely get watched. Agh men presents are such hard work!! x