1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another crappo job bites the dust!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Arched Eyebrow, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Oh dear Eggy I am sorry. I am surprised at the response you got though. If one job is advertised more than any around here it's 'care work'. I think those who do it for low pay deserve such praise.
    Did you do anything to annoy your line managers - to make them give others more hours than you? I am really surprised they could be so off-hand.
    Was the 'looking round for something else' an empty threat, or will you hang on to what you've got?

2. All I wanted was something pretty basic to earn a crust and keep busy. I worked very very hard,but I get the impression they want people who are efficient and rather tough,not somebody who actually cares.

There was a frosty atmosphere between me and one manager. Nothing at all I had said or done,probably I reminded her of some nasty teacher or her mother!

You are very isolated in care work which means of course they can do as they please. The company is advertising in the job centre despite not actually employing people with in the hours stated in the advert or having extra shifts.

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I'm sorry to hear you have been treated so shoddily . . . . .it's tough, but I reckon you are better off out of it . . . .when you take the care out of caring you are left treating human beings like lumps of meat and that will be expected from you, so you 'fit in', and don't show the rest of them up, to be a bunch of thugs in overalls.. They sound like a horrible, nasty bunch.

4. Very true kibosh,but I fear that is the way things are heading. Their top dog is somebody I nicknamed ten minute Trudy. She can be in serve a meal,clear up and do the paper work in 10 mins,thereby getting through a huge workload and raking in the cash.

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

What's your plan. egg? Is there anything else doing in your locality?

6. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Eggs I truly feel it is time we ran away into the sunset and talk Shakes x

7. We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on, and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

8. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter