1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another babywearing thread!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by clematis, May 2, 2012.

1. Sorry! On my phone and no time to trawl through looking for old babywearing threads. Just a quick question though- have a moby and loved it but now my baby is too big and heavy for it really, so what's the logical progression? Am looking at mei tais; ellaroo or catbird? Or one of the many others? Having been warned off "fakes" I'm wary of the cheaper ones I can see on amazon. Any advice from babywearing gurus?! X

2. Sorry! On my phone and no time to trawl through looking for old babywearing threads. Just a quick question though- have a moby and loved it but now my baby is too big and heavy for it really, so what's the logical progression? Am looking at mei tais; ellaroo or catbird? Or one of the many others? Having been warned off "fakes" I'm wary of the cheaper ones I can see on amazon. Any advice from babywearing gurus?! X

3. kittenjames

kittenjames New commenter

not a 'guru' of anything but a big fan of slings! we use an ergo which can be used with toddlers as well as babes. you can front, back and side carry with it and it's super comfy even with a 2 stone, wriggly and tall 15 month old!
    it's really quick to pop on compared to wrap styles which we used - and loved- when he was tinier.
    so many fakes on t'internet i just went to baby shop and bought mine. she let me try on a few in the same style as the ergo and TBH they were all much of a muchness.
    i suppose if you like pretty, the ergo isn't compared to some of the mei tais. although you can get some nice designs, stars etc. we went for boring black so my husband could wear it too!
    hope that helps, let us know what you go for.

4. Or how about babyhawk?

5. Thanks kitten! I was also looking at soft structured like the ergo but not sure if I like all the buckles? Wish there was somewhere I could try them... Have just missed the local sling meet but it clashes with my baby sensory class anyway...

6. Whereabouts are you clematis? There might be a local sling library you can borrow from.

7. Love the ergo too- only two buckles by the way. Bought it from natural nursery online. v good service.

8. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

I love our Connecta - so comfy to wear. There's three buckles on that and is v easy to put on (my friend who's blind uses one of these now having tried mine).

9. I have found a beautiful ellaroo- anyone any experience of those? Will look into soft structured too- thanks :)

10. Found one bunique! Googled "sling libraries" and my local (ish) one has a meet coming up! Exciting, might give it a go! :)

11. Eeek! I've just gone and ordered a rose and rebellion! Not an impulse buy as such... Just remembered that I'd had my eye on one for ages. Also thinking structured might be good as no tying to do and no trailing straps on muddy walks in the woods. So, any experience of these carriers?! Excited!

12. chocolateheaven

chocolateheaven New commenter

Oh Clematis, I miss you - we all do! COME BACK! :)
    As for the thread - I've had my eye on a Catbird carrier for ages, but can't afford one til back at work. Am going for at least a soft-structured one now, as she's growing bigger and bigger. Have heard really good things about R&R carriers, hope you love it!x

13. I got a Boba 2G which is like the Ergo but it is larger. My 3yr old still gets in and loves it and she is nearly 18kg. One of my friends had an Ergo but had to stop using it at 2.5 yrs because the back didn't go high enough up his back to support him. She just bought the Boba 3G (newer one only difference is it goes from newborn) and she's back to babywearing again. Also Sumber Roo company has fantastic customer service and would recommend them to buy from.

14. Miss you too lovely choc :) xx

15. Thanks Tilly! Have chosen a rose and rebellion; all the sift structured looked pretty similar (and the r&r is beautiful!!) :)

16. I'm with Chocolateheaven, Clematis WE MISS YOU!! Also I need to see a pic of this lovely new sling so I can drool and feel jealous that I have no money to buy another sling. :-( Hope you enjoy the r&r. xxx

17. Thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread... can anyone suggest when baby is old enough to have legs out in an Ergo? Our baby is 3 months old and I feel like she is at a really awkward stage for slings - too big to go froggy and too small to have legs out. We have a ring sling, bamboo wrap, mei tai and ergo if anyone has any other suggested positions!

18. Our LO was legs out in a stretchy from a few weeks- never got the hand of froggy legs