1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Annual SEN Review

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lassylou, Jun 27, 2015.

1. I'm a SENCo after fresh ideas at how effectively to conduct an annual SEN review as still feel my reviews could be better really - just wondering how others conduct theirs really.

I do involve the pupil - they complete questionnaire before meeting and attend review where appropriate bringing along their favourite piece of work they are most proud of.

Next year i would like to create a video of the child during the school day but haven't had a chance this year

Are people with chn still on statements tending to following sections on the new EHC plan as questions to discuss during meeting?

Any ideas to share??

2. onmyknees

onmyknees Established commenter

In my local authority, we have been told we must use the new EHCP paperwork to complete Annual Reviews. It has been very unsatisfactory, as the 2 documents just do not marry up at all. I have found myself appending all sorts of information. The parents do not understand why they are suddenly having to tell the family's story and the child's story etc.. I explained SEND '14 changes back in the Autumn term to parents, but I have found the process clumsy.

I suspect that it's probably the change in system that has made you feel that the process needs improving, rather than the way you have conducted your reviews!

3. Hi there thanks for the vote of confidence - hopefully will go well - just lacking confidence / self belief BIG style at the minute at my ability to chair these reviews .. thank you though onmyknees for reply appreciate it.