1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anniversary Musings

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Alf58, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

Today is the three month anniversary of my Pre-moderation and I was wondering what I could do to mark this occasion.

I could indulge in the single malt and drunk post into the night, but as my ramblings would not appear until twelve hours had elapsed there is no point.

I could post an opinion without several sauces from assorted publications as “evidence” and have our cadre of pseudo intellectuals having apoplexy. Now that is a possibility.

I could post a volley of school boy swear words describing breasts or the male genitalia though that could lead to my immediate arrest, incarceration and possible death.

I am sure I could find a picture of a kitten or that bloke from Mrs Brown’s boys.

What about a survey about the colour of tissue we all prefer?

In the great scheme of things. it is all meaningless. It is as Queen said before they threw their lot behind the Brexit campaign:

Nothing really matters anyone can see. Nothing really matters to me.

lexus300 and kibosh like this.
  2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

You've already given me apoplexy with your sauces!!!

Alf58 and kibosh like this.
  3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Don't be maudlin, you have marked the occasion with a thread. It may hold promise (conversationally) or it may wither on the vine.

foxtail3 likes this.
  4. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

So what time did you write your post? [just curious....]

rachelpaula008 and kibosh like this.
  5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I'm sure Alf meant saucers. @grumpydogwoman
    You'll find out in about 12 hours time

Alf58 likes this.
  6. Alf58

2.59. The interval between posting and appearing varies. On a Weekend afternoon it can be more than twelve hours. On a weekday mid to late morning it can be less than an hour. I think it depends on how many people are on line.

7. Alf58

Flying saucers!!!! I apologise for my inability to spell simple words. I blame it on the teaching profession. saucers, sauces, sources. I am a silly Billy.

8. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Malt whiskey sounds like a good move, I shall raise a glass to you later in the evening. Islay I think.

Alf58 likes this.
  9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Did you ever get round the distilleries, for tasting sessions, last time you were in Scotland? You know, I've lived here all my life, I do like the taste of whisky, but I've never visited a distillery, not even the ones that don't involve a ferry journey.

10. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Survey of tissue colour would be a first and might just constitute a great contribution to the forum!

Alf58 likes this.
  11. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

[​IMG]

Oooh! Saucy!

kibosh likes this.
  12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG]

Ooh! Saucery!

sabrinakat and Alf58 like this.
  13. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG]

Ooh! Sorcery!

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

15. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

[​IMG]
    Stop messin' about!

16. Alf58

It ok I deserve it. (hangs head in shame):( I cant even mark my anniversary without screwing up.

17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I got up there but got fed up with the rain, no fun on a motor cycle, so I went south. I shall give it another go this summer:)
    I have not visited a distillery and that is now added to my 'bucket list' thanks.

18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

No 'alf measures, free alf58.

kibosh and lexus300 like this.
  19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

And let Aspens quiver freely too.
    Freedom! Never too late for rachelpaula008.

20. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

March and September are the better months now. We've had warmer daytime temps in both months (and much drier), than we have in July and August.