1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Annie's Cafe.. Please pop in!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by DogsareNOTstupid, Nov 29, 2013.

1. DogsareNOTstupid

DogsareNOTstupid New commenter

Just thought it might be nice to have a chat thread again.. without our socks!!!!

I miss a lot of you, and have given up on Skype.

Please pop on if you feel like saying hello! :)

I'm doing coffee and Christmas cake today!

2. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Hi Annie-a decaf latte and a LARGE slice of cake please. I like your cafe idea.....

3. Mine's a tea, extra milky - don't make that gagging noise! I like my tea weak and milky. I'll have a large slice of cake too, please.

4. Hello! A mince pie and a latte for me, thanks.

5. Good afternoon all, Hope you've all had a fab day.

I'd like a toasted teacake with butter, and a hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream please.

6. DogsareNOTstupid

Ahh! Customers! And I've been sleeping on the job...

Latte -decaffe, weak tea, hot chocolate and two lattes, as I think I'll have one myself.

Do you like the Christmas decorations, or have I overdone it? I thought the lifesize reindeer was a good idea!

7. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Hot chocolate for me please (it is nearly bedtime, after all!)

Perhaps you could have an espresso ready for me at about 6.30 every morning for the next three weeks...

8. DogsareNOTstupid

Hello Gargs! Yes.. I think I could manage that!

9. I know nothing about coffee. Can I have a Latte, Mocha, Expresso and Cappuccino to take away please. Are any of those extra strong? I'll need that first so it kicks in!

Then, if you can start preparing for my breakfast in the morning - I'd like sausages x 2, fried eggs x 2 but with runny yolk cooked top! Crispy bacon rashers, scoop of baked beans, hash browns x2 and two buttered slices of bread. If you can include a toast and pastry selection incl. croissant with apricot jam plus strawberry for the toast. AND a pot of tea, ideally Twinings English Breakfast. Oh and some fresh orange juice!

I know it's a big selection so it might be best if you pop out to the store and get the bits you haven't got. Take your time, about an hour and a half should do you [​IMG]

10. DogsareNOTstupid

Oh, I'm so glad we have a local delivery service.

That's your order taken care of.

I think I'll shut shop and have a little break.

About 50 minutes should do nicely......[​IMG]

11. DogsareNOTstupid

Right! Cafe is open! Saturday morning... anybody for bacon, eggs, and tattie scones?

12. I will have some toast, please!

With honey.

13. Mooooooorning peeps.

*sits down at the counter, waiting for her order*

I hope my brekkie hasn't gone cold already!

14. sparklepig2002

Full English please...

15. DogsareNOTstupid

I'm a bit upset about the helicopter/Glasgow thing.. so cafe open, help yourselves. It's on me.

I can't help thinking that there might have been someone I know there. Now I know there was only 120 people, and that I don't know everyone in Glasgow (obviously), but the Clutha was part of what, we folkies, called "The Bermuda Triangle" We'd turn up with our instruments and wander from pub to pub to pub.

On my trips home, I've never wandered in there and NOT seen someone I know.. and given it was a warming up for Saint Andrews, where the Celtic musicians would have most definitely have been there.....

And even if they weren't people that I knew, there would have been just people, standing at the bar, trying to order a drink, someone telling a joke, someone in the loo, somebody in the midst of an argument...

I have an overly vivid imagination. I can 'see' things, and I can often feel other people's pain.

Sorry... anybody for another coffee?

16. *walks behind the bar and pours Annie a stiff one before she goes to bed*

Don't fret too much, it's a horrible accident but you need to be able to sleep tonight. If you do as you say, your mind will race too much to sleep, so have this *hands a decaf coffee with a liquor*, drink it all down and go rest your head. I'll lock up!

17. gargs

gargs Star commenter

((((((dogs))))))

It was an awful thing to have happened. Reminds us yet again (as if we need reminding) that our our grip on life is tentative and that we can never know when it will slip. I hope that no one you know was involved and that you can take some comfort from the fact that the people were doing what they loved.

Xx

18. Have you re-opened?

(((Annie)))

19. DogsareNOTstupid

Thank you everyone. I've been struck down with the lurgy... normal service resumed soon... xxxxx

20. sparklepig2002

hot lemon and honey for the waitress xxx