1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

animation help please

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by frankieneedssomesunshine, Mar 27, 2011.

1. frankieneedssomesunshine

frankieneedssomesunshine New commenter

Hi. I am doing an animation project with my EBD KS3 students.
    I have very limited resources ( no whiteboard,1 computer in classroom, 1 camera no software packages)
    I have focused so far on the history of animation ( making zoetropes, flipbooks etc) but would love to bring it into the 21st century!
    Is there any free and instant websites that I could use with them or any other modern paper based activities.
    Any good places to get resources?
    Thankyou

2. Have you looked at Eadward Muybridge, who created the film of the horse running. Shows really clearly how to make animation using photography.
    what about getting them to use the camera to film movement like he did, then import all the photos as an album into powerpoint and set the powepoint to run automaticall at one slide per second.
    Repeating 12-16 frames over and over can make a simple animation similar to the zoetrope effect and links really well into it.
    Alos search Youtube for 'Pixar Zoetrop.' what about giving them a theme, coming up with poses and each of them making a model using plastercine that you can create a model with similar to the Pixar one!

3. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

free software out there: monkeyjam springs to mind....

4. Have a look at this. It's completely free and you can produce animations and games.
    http://www.blender.org/
    The kids will love it!

5. tr ytyping doink into web browser. Gives you an excellent free online animation package.