1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Animal owners ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by midnight_angel, Dec 1, 2015.

1. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

Are any of us expecting to come home from work, to this, in December? :cool:

[​IMG]

Personally, I'm expecting some mishaps once my "big green cat toy" goes up this weekend ...

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Christmas tree goes up this weekend... and I suspect the Nazi Cat will destroy it soon after.

Btw. Your pic doesn't show on my screen... might be me, might be the pic. Not sure.

3. midnight_angel

4. midnight_angel

No @lanokia not just you, it didn't appear in the original one. Sorted out and reposted above :)

lanokia likes this.
  5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Both my wife and I laughed... Nazi Cat has competition.

midnight_angel likes this.
  6. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Cats and Christmas trees just don't mix-it's one of the laws of nature. I saw a collection of clips proving the point last weekend but I can't remember where I saw it!! :oops:

7. Dragonlady30

Sorry, but I can't see the picture!! :oops:

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Try post 3

9. midnight_angel

10. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Aw had a dying cat crawl in here last week. Sh@t everywhere. Didn't find it till next day. Dear Alfred thought I'd lost control of my bowels in the absence of a better explanation. That cost him.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  11. Dragonlady30

D'oh!! I feel so stupid now!! :oops:

Thank you both!! XXX

midnight_angel and lanokia like this.
  12. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

No cat should be left to die like that, although I noted two sets of entrails of mice on my carpet this morning.

My cats like a good Xmas tree, and are too bgt to climb it, so I leave the lower levels clean of baubles, and it seems to work. I also have this light up bow of greenery interspersed with "birds" I have purchased over the years along with shiny pears and apples and stuff ( no bananas, yes we don't), and they can't reach that! On account it is on the long beam above our heads.

13. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Ours was still a kitten last year but all the same, he managed to get to the top of the tree and toss the the fairy off.

He's as big as our dog now, so we won't be having a tree this year. Between them, they'd be bound to bring it down, fuse the lights, eat all the presents and have us spend Christmas Day at the vet's.

We bought a new bed last week. A divan with drawers in. I have no idea how the cat manages to get inside the base, but he does, and it drives the dog mad. He worked out how to do it on the day it was delivered, initially by opening a drawer, so I told my sweetheart that once she's filled the drawers up with stuff, it would be too heavy for the cat to pull open and there'd be no space to climb into. She did and the little sod found another way in.

How on earth do cats know where there's a hidey hole like this to be found? He also knows that there's another under the kitchen cupboards he can access if he prises off the cover at the bottom.

14. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

My cat can open my drinks cupboard! Terribly worrying!

irs1054, lanokia and midnight_angel like this.
  15. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

My dogs are fine with our plastic Christmas tree. They have been fine with a real one too. A friend of mine had a problem but she did walk her dog in the Christmas tree Plantation all year. She had to throw away a few presents and thoroughly wash the ones she could rescue.
    The tree went up tonight and all three dogs are fast asleep without even giving it a sniff.

16. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

Probably because a plastic Christmas tree does not evoke any sense of curiosity when taken into the house? Pine and opine, is the only way to go.

17. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

i can't remember whether our cats assaulted the Christmas tree. It's five years since the last one left us. They were very partial to a spot of poppadom though.

18. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

19. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Oh my! Forgive me - it's been a long day. :(

20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Here's hoping he doesn't do CPD cos Nazi Cat would love classes in that!