1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Animal chasing-what would you do?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by hhhh, May 29, 2011.

1. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

At the kid's farm today, saw a 4/5 year old chasing and kicking a goose, parents sitting smoking ignoring him, I told him to stop it or the goose might bite him. He did stop.
    Just wondering what other people would do in that situation. Some people might quite rightly say we all have differnt views on what's right or wrong with kids, eg what to feed, controlled crying, how much TV to watch, so it's none of my business...
    Could justiffy I suppose by saying that if he'd wound up the goose anymore, it might have gone after my toddler...

2. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

At the kid's farm today, saw a 4/5 year old chasing and kicking a goose, parents sitting smoking ignoring him, I told him to stop it or the goose might bite him. He did stop.
    Just wondering what other people would do in that situation. Some people might quite rightly say we all have differnt views on what's right or wrong with kids, eg what to feed, controlled crying, how much TV to watch, so it's none of my business...
    Could justiffy I suppose by saying that if he'd wound up the goose anymore, it might have gone after my toddler...

3. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

Personally I believe that tangling with geese is one of those activities that comes with an in-built punishment attached.
    Kudos for saying something though. I would've been too scared...

...of the goose. [​IMG]

4. Jesus. Why can't the parents just stay at home with their kid, instead of inflicting themselves on the rest of society.
    I think you did the right thing in saying something. Might give him and his moronic parents something to think about.

5. I think you did the right thing saying something, though don't think I would have done- I am a wimp and hate confrontation.