1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anglia Ruskin University Peterborough - Primary PGCE

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by djaye14, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Hey!
    I have an interview too at Anglia Ruskin but at Chelmsford campus but on the 19th Jan! I've applied for primary too :)

2. Hope it all goes well! I've just prepared as many interview answers as possible from various sites but you can never feel prepared enough. Good luck for thursday :)

3. Thank you! Hope yours goes well too!
    Yeah me too, been preparing so much esp for maths test but never feels like enough! I am trying to do a dissertation aswell as in my last year of uni so its proving a challenge! I got rejected for my first choice at interview but have prepared so much more for this one, so its been a bit of a learning curve! I am currently studying my undergraduate at ARU so feel quite comfortable :) Good luck on Friday!

4. I saw in another post, I'm sorry you didn't get in :( I went to UEA to do my degree and loved it there so applied there as well as Anglia Ruskin...however I knew it's impossible to get in so put it as my second choice! A lot of my friends were turned down, its a really popular place to study. Bless you, I don't know how you are doing your dissertation at the same time but at least it will prepare you for teaching! I will let you know how I get on tomorrow and try and remember some of the questions I was asked if I haven't mentally blocked them out hehe.

5. Yeah :( I've just taken it as a learning curve now. I didnt really like UEA when I got there, so part of me was glad I didnt get in. The campus itself was ok, it was just the actual education building. Very old fashioned and antiquated! Do you live in Norwich then? I live in Ipswich :) A lot of people have said it's difficult to get in, which has made me feel better, but tbh its even harder as there are hardly any places this year, and with me being an undergrad student with less experience than others it's really hard!
    Oh that would be great, thank you soooo much! I reckon it will be the same material, but will make sure I will prepare well just in case it isnt! Material that is in the maths test/english test would be GREATLY appreciated! And obv the sort of questions that were asked in the interview!
    You've probably already left.... but good luck today!! x

6. I'm so sorry I didn't make it onto my computer lastnight! Fell asleep as soon as I got in. Hope it all went ok! Maths was much easier than I thought it would be and all the questions were related to experience so it was pretty tame really. How did you find it? X

7. It's ok don't worry!
    Yeah I thought the maths and english test wasnt that bad. Although I don't think I got through :( Found the interview tough and the questions were very wordy. Mind you, normally when I think I've done bad I do well! So will wait and see x

8. Yeah I thought the maths and english tests were ok.
    Didnt think the actual interview did though. The questions were so wordy it was hard to tell what they were trying to ask. But I may have done well, I always do when I think I've done bad! x