1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anglia Ruskin - Chelmsford - Primary PGCE

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by groovychick38, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Has anyone heard from Anglia Ruskin yet about the Primary PGCE?? It seems that other Uni's are making offers and I'm getting impatient........!!

2. Has anyone heard from Anglia Ruskin yet about the Primary PGCE?? It seems that other Uni's are making offers and I'm getting impatient........!!

3. My daughter had her interview on 10th November and has still heard nothing...... not sure whether to read anything into it or not

4. Am hoping that no news is good news! Fingers crossed for all of us who have applied!

5. Hi there, I have not heard either! Had my interview just before Xmas. Fingers crossed we hear by the end of the week, getting bored of waiting now!

6. saw they had been given about 128 places for primary in 2011( overall) but wondered if the Ofsted report was behind the delay in letting people know.
    Hope you hear soon.

7. My interview was Jan 12th and I'm really fed up with waiting. You have done well to wait this long if yours was held in Dec. Surely can't be that much longer. It's comforting to hear from others in the same situation eh?!!

8. My interview was Jan 12th and I'm really fed up with waiting. You have done well to wait this long if yours was held in Dec. Surely can't be that much longer. It's comforting to hear from others in the same situation eh?!!

9. At the start of the week I was convinced it would be this week. I am still hoping! Good luck everyone.

10. Has anyone rung the university to find out information, I have seen on a lot of the forums that when people ring the addmissions office they will tell us when we will get our replies maybe even give us a reply. Unfortunatly I am phoneless at the moment and unable to find one. The waiting has driven me crazy the only thing stopping me from properly losing it is the fact that I will know by this time next week...hopefully...surely.
    I have my interview the 10th November also, the day before my Birthday, Its been way too long now!

11. I just rang admissions at Anglia Ruskin and was told that the Uni now has it's number of allocated places and that the faculty is in the process of deciding who to make offers to. They are aiming to make offers next week but were reluctant to specify when next week!! Hope this helps! And so the waiting continues.........!!

12. Hi, I just rang the admissions office just this second because I really need to know what is happening by the end of this week due to housing issues and being given an offer on a Masters course (my backup Plan B) and they told me that they were supposed to recieve their numbers on Friday but never did!?!? and they are hoping to get back to us by the end of this week (although she did not sound very reassured in this) if we check GTTR by the end of the week and nothing is changed she said to call them back next week and she will tell me what is going on....
    looks like we really might have to wait untill the 28th....
    not happy!

13. hi daydreamergirl, i feel exactly the same way. When I rang last week the admissions officer indicated that they had received their allocation of places and that we would hear something this week. Am totally fed up that we are still waiting - seems like a major *** up to me with no communication between the GTTR, TDA and the Unis. Really sick of this now.

14. PS Just to clarify - it has blanked out the word preceding 'up' in my previous post. It was not the word you may think it was (began with C) - don't want everyone to think I was posting offensive messages on here!!!!!

15. I had my interview on 10th November but haven't heard anything yet. I have rang them a few times and they keep saying it is with the faculty for decisions to be made. Fortunately I have been offered a place elsewhere but good luck

16. Also had an interview on 10th November.....admissions told me today that for Undergraduate Programmes we won't be informed of the outcome until all interviewing has been completed which may be as late as April. For me it creates a dilemma as Greenwich have asked for confirmation of acceotance within a two week time frame... so I've got until 24th February. The left hand doesn't seem to know what the right is doing..... so frustrating.

17. I have e-mailed today as well so I will let you know if I get a response!

18. Good morning!! I have just sent an email too, requesting when we will be notified. Stressed that i knew training providers had got the allocated number of places ........will let you know the response if i get one!!!!

19. Hey just to let you know that I just rang them again and she said that she had the numbers and stuff next to her on a piece of paper but she could not tell me anything. They are waiting for an academic to come down and review them and sign them off, although she does not know when they will come so we are now waiting on the academics although. Good news she is hopeing to let us know by the beginning time of this week. She put a lot of emphasis on the hopeing bit but she sounded confident. So hopefully not long to wait now!!

20. jscarter

jscarter New commenter

Have spoken to corrinne turner this morning, she saidd it is imminent, her colleague is putting up successful applicants now. Someone's coming down tomorrow morning to finish everything. Its about time actually, I'm not confident I have a place at ARU but I will not be applying to them again. Friends of mine from other institutions were sent letters of intent, others had conditional offers, conditional on places, I've had nothing. Its a joke. We'll see what happens, but thanks to aru, my second choice has since been filled up.