1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

angles to a point

Discussion in 'Primary' started by michelle643, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Im being observed by my teacher tutor and link tutor or angles to a point on friday and wondered if anyone had any good ideas other than some worksheet. Also some of the children are already able to do this, has anyone got any ideas how I could do something similar for them but something that would extend them?

2. Im being observed by my teacher tutor and link tutor or angles to a point on friday and wondered if anyone had any good ideas other than some worksheet. Also some of the children are already able to do this, has anyone got any ideas how I could do something similar for them but something that would extend them?

3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

Perhaps if you could give a bit more information it would be easier to provide some help.
    What is the learning objective? What year group? What range of ability do you have? What do they already know?
    Do you have a topic/context you can link into?
    Carrie [​IMG]

4. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

I think you could maybe start by taking them all out on the play ground with a piece of rope, get 2 people to hold the ends and 1 the middle, and make anges with the rope....get them thinking of angles as a measure of turn. Not sure I'm making sense. Unfortunately when it coems to independent work i can't think of any way other than worksheets/textbooks!

5. NoNoNoah

NoNoNoah New commenter

It would be helpful to know what you have taught so far and what your learning objective as this suggestion may not be appropriate.
    If you are looking for an activity, how about having groups find real life examples of angles from around the school and have them take a photo. You could go print them and have groups sort through the different types of angles and estimate how big they are. You could use these pictures to introduce using a protractor or, if they already know this, get them to measure the angles for themselves.
    This is several lessons worth so choose which part you would want to be observed on. The group work will specifically look at how the children follow instructions, how well you use your TA (if you are lucky enough to have one) and behaviour management.