1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anger management

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Foneypharaoh, May 14, 2011.

1. Didn't take long did it, to see the thread disappear about the school in ***** with the angry Head?
    As I said I didn't think those Heads existed anymore and if they do, they deserve concussion! Or to be moved on....or both.
    Wonder if he will get this removed even though it doesn't mention his school or where it is, just his tough guy temper.
    So the new topic is, 'do you have a head that bawls you out (or worse, only staff that she or she can..)?' Details please, not names, of course, of schools or countries as that would upset the mods.
    Come on lots of high blood pressure, temper, temper, useless Heads' tales, please.
    (Heads' tales, ha ha).

2. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Was it puller before you saw my angry face? [​IMG]

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

or pulled, if you prefer.

4. That's disgusting. I only pm'd you once! [​IMG]

5. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

I'm very much in favour of anger management but have to admit that I've only had very limited success with it. I've been trying to manage Clovis for years but he goes ballistic every time I extend the hand of friendship. Even Bobbler starts to twitch every time I offer to psychoanalise him. It's very depressing. I'm beginning to think I have no aptitude for it. Perhaps I need some counselling.

6. I'll have ago.
    Are you a compulsive liar?
    Do you make up illnesses to get pity?
    Have you got any friends?
    Does everyone, apart from the other 'yous', on these threads think you are a fruitloop?
    Do you drink alcohol?
    Do you wish you were someone else?
    Feeling better, M?
    That'll be 50 quid.
    Actually, I nicked those questions off a school's application questionnaire....well, some of them.

7. Foney I think I will steal your questions and ask them of the head at my next interview lol.
    I often find Mr. Daniels and Mr. Beam offer excellent, reasonably priced counselling lol.
    But yes, I have experienced the phenomena listed in the first posting :)

8. Sorry. I forgot to add, that the there is no inference to any individuals, past or present, alive or dead, in Post 6 to any posters who might answer 'yes' to all those questions apart from the grog one.
    (He says, as his nose disappears over the horizon...)

9. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

Are you a compulsive liar?
    Not exactly compulsive but Mrs M does ask some searching questions about the level of the whisky bottle and she's beginning to be sceptical when I blame it on the dogs.
    Do you make up illnesses to get pity?
    Definitely not. I have enough problems without inventing them.
    Have you got any friends?
    Yes, thank you, some good ones but probably not as many as some people think they have.
    Does everyone, apart from the other 'yous', on these threads think you are a fruitloop?
    I hope so.
    Do you drink alcohol?
    Incessantly but only when conscious.
    Do you wish you were someone else?
    Only the morning after a very heavy night.
    Feeling better, M?
    Yes, thank you.
    That'll be 50 quid.
    Cheap at twice the price.