1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Andrew Marr interviews Gove: the cameraman was the real star

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mrsmumbles, Jun 9, 2019.

?

Is Gove ready for his close-up?

1. No, no, no...please put it away

2. Yes, let’s all live in the era of Govpolitik!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-po...gove-taking-cocaine-was-a-crime-and-a-mistake

Am I the only one fuming over Ol’ Rubber Face’s interview with Marr this monrning? What a colossal steaming hypocrite he is - and for ever shall be! He spent YEARS lording it o er us at the DFE, which he turned into the DOSAC of the day, passing stupid unconsulted dictatorial changes, laws and rules which caused a huge meltdown in education, the like of which we have never seen before and which continues to unrravel. He forced stupid overloaded courses on us, formalised performance related pay in what had been a career based on goodwill. His ridiculous capability rules and Newspeakesque bull phrases like ‘support plan’ used to help get teachers fired, or words like ‘improvement’ to mean the opposite...that is all at his slime-encrusted door. He acts all literary and learned, but the only memorable quotation he set his sneaky life by was -is- Wordsworth’s warnjng about our ‘meddling intellect’ which can ‘murder to dissect.’ He badmouthed middle-class drug use in a press piece he got paid or, then did it himself! He knows he broke the law and is running for Tory leader! He trashed education and genuinely, deludedly beleives he did us all a favour. (More blah blah getting more bleagh bleagh than EVER before!’) Then Murdoch paid him £70,000 a week for another shoddy set of articles. Yes, the level of his arrogant self-denial, hypocrisy and political ignorance is stunning. Even worse? People will actually vote for him. So i was REALLY REALLY pleased to see the BBC cameraman zoom in on his lying face after Marr asked him the awkward questions about drugs this morning. Marr could have gone further,but the camera shot said it all...he’s a fraud, a smiling villain. Bah!
    Oh. And forget about capability. He should be NICKED.

2. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed Established commenter

Esther McVey came across very well on Andrew Marr today, although she has obviously been watching Years and Years on BBC1.

Mrsmumbles and Laphroig like this.
  3. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

I didn't see the interview but thanks to your detailed recollection I doubt I need to. Absolutely right he should be nicked and barred from public office, what a shambolic offering we have in Parliament, I've asked before who'd want to be an MP and I'm pretty sure the answer is people who are unfit for anything else.

They should be recruited under employment style legislation, be DBS checked and face disciplinary procedures/dismissal should they be found to be in breach of competency or other issues if found to behave in ways that would breach normal contracts of employment, oh and while I'm at it once again I say there should be a Government regulator to ensure they adhere to the terms by which they were voted in, namely their own manifesto. They clearly aren't special or particularly trustworthy so these measures are necessary as are cross referencing checks while in post. Bring in OFGOV!

Burndenpark, TCSC47, Laphroig and 8 others like this.
  4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Self hating Scot also.
    I loathe him.

5. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Did he also try a Tony Blair moment and start a fake cry but unlike the expert in quivering lips (Blair) he got it wrong and quickly decided to pull out?

I am convinced he did.

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  6. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

It's in the link.

Mrsmumbles and needabreak like this.
  7. Mrsmumbles

So so agree with you. It really has become a Theatre of fhe Self-entitled and Hypocritically Absurd! It is his hypocrisy which incenses me. If Tory Roey wants to xhill with opium and make like Dorian Gray, fine. But Gove is really, really dangerous, a zealot with no integrity or sense of fairness or decency. He even used his adoption background today. Shame on him.

8. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Thanks, just watched it. I wonder how many people doing time for such crimes were given a second chance, I can see them now up before the judge "I'm profoundly sorry, can I go home now? It was a lapse from the standards I uphold"... Yeah right, send him down. One rule for all surely.

9. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

10. Mrsmumbles

Yes, moi aussi. It is CLASSIC RICHARD III playacting stuff. We have to vote him out. Well, all of them really. Hate Corbo as well, mind, with his failure to control antisemitism...where are the normal ones? Oh.

Missbubbleblue likes this.
  11. Mrsmumbles

Missbubbleblue and sodalime like this.
  12. Mrsmumbles

Exactly...this sort of coversation is going on all over the UK since thkse insanely high yeacher standards were pushed in, “ Yeah, sorry panel, I’m an exploited rather thick trainee who was bullied into taking the rowdy year 12s on the College trip to Paris; I got drink and threw up on Jimmy’s shoes under the Eiffel tower. It happens,’
    “We do not care. You are a safeguarding concern. You ate dismissed and can never teach again. As we have so many people staying in schools and so many teachers. We know best.”
    Do they?

13. schoolsout4summer

[​IMG]

14. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Was he unaware of the meaning of these 'Wham' lyrics LOL

Hey everybody take a look at me,
    I've got street credibility,
    I may not have a job,
    But I have a good time,
    With the boys that I meet "down on the line"
    I said, I, don't, need, you
    So you don't approve,
    Well who asked you to?
    Hey, jerk, you, work
    This boy's got better things to do

grumpydogwoman and Mrsmumbles like this.
  15. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

That's a typo - you meant 'goversation', didn't you ;)

cissy3 and Mrsmumbles like this.
  16. Mrsmumbles

17. Mrsmumbles

Govectomy!!

TCSC47, sodalime and cissy3 like this.
  18. schoolsout4summer

19. Mrsmumbles

Are you quoting Gove setting out his White Lines? See, he has white lines, Theresa has red ones.

Missbubbleblue, sodalime and cissy3 like this.
  20. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

An innocent man convicted of no crime.