1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Andrew has no recollection of Virginia

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Corvuscorax, Nov 16, 2019.

1. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

I am wondering if "Beyond Reproach" misheard the question and thought the questioner said vagina?
    Just sayin.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  2. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

A good point.

3. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Maybe if he cooperates with ongoing official investigations, as he has said he is happy to do, his statements, as a potential witness to Epstein’s illegal activities & regarding the elusive Maxwell’s personal contact with him, last summer & before, will require more detailed & cross checked background information.

For example, driver, security detail & flight logs for the times Virginia swore, under oath, she was with him and he says he categorically couldn’t have been in the same vicinity as her.

Past medical notes detailing his unusual prior sweating status, to show he wasn’t just making this up in order to discredit an accuser’s descriptive statements.

Direct refutation of various Epstein staff sworn witness statements saying he received massages at Epstein’s homes.

Direct refutation of the sworn accusation from another Epstein victim of non-consensual breast groping by him at the town house.

An explanation of why in January 2015, hours before Virginia went public with her court recorded allegations against him, he sent an 5.30am email to Maxwell saying ‘Let me know when we can talk. Got some specific questions about Virginia Roberts.” and why was he asking, by name, about a woman he says he has no recollection of ever meeting.

Perhaps the FBI will not respond well to any suspected fibs and may check the veracity of any statements he provides on these matters. Perhaps.

BelleDuJour, nomad and Corvuscorax like this.
  4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

But unlikely, I doubt he will ever have to go to court.

He should - but he won't.

Jamvic and nomad like this.
  5. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

He is never ever going to be cleared then, is he

Jamvic likes this.
  6. peakster

peakster Star commenter

His reputation is never going to recover either.

Jamvic and caress like this.
  7. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

If he's got any sense, he'll keep his head down, shut up and wait for it all to blow over. Far worse things have been promptly forgotten five minutes after the news stopped reporting it.

8. Corvuscorax

worse than colluding by omission with kidnap and rape? which is the very minimum he has done. I don't think so. It will never be forgotten, Unless he clears his name in court

9. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

Surely he will have to go to court and stand trial for his part in it. It is alleged that he knowingly had sex with a trafficked girl. Is this not a crime? Is it any different to the Rotherham men who passed around girls apart from she was not underage in some states/countries.

Corvuscorax likes this.
  10. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Surely not.

By his own admission he’s much too honourable. This is a man who values honourable behaviour so highly that he travelled 3500 miles and allocated four days of his precious time just to let a friend down gently. It wasn’t even a close friend either - just one of those pesky ‘plus one’ at parties, convicted sex offender type of friends that everyone gets stuck with from time to time.

Now that he’s publicly expressed that he, unequivocally regrets his ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein and that he deeply sympathises with everyone who has been affected and wants some form of closure, I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before he steps up and does the honourable thing by offering to assist with any ongoing official investigations.

Surely?

Bedlam3, caress and Corvuscorax like this.
  11. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Absolutely. :rolleyes:

I'm not suggesting he lies low because he deserves to get away with whatever he did. And he's certainly got no sense or he wouldn't have given that interview.

But the public memory is very short, and I'm not sensing a real lot of warmth for the victim(s). In his own best interests, all he needs to do is nothing. There's plenty going on to knock him off the front page.

Jamvic likes this.
  12. Corvuscorax

really? who's sympathies are not with rape and kidnap victims?

Jamvic likes this.
  13. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

I do know what you mean and wasn’t suggesting that you personally think he should get away with anything. I also agree with you that he doesn’t appear to have the sense he was born with. The guy is nearly 60 now though, plenty old enough to have to face up to the real life consequences of his selfish actions & bad decisions.

The usual ‘sit it out’ strategy that our Royal family employs when scandal hits them shouldn’t be allowed to work this time.

Anyway, the whole case is just too big and controversial in America to go away anytime soon, even for HRH’s convenience. It’s been ongoing for over a decade already with lots of evidence still awaiting release.

The victims of the sexual predator Epstein, and of his enablers, don’t need our warmth of feeling, they need our outspoken, continued insistence that rich & poor alike should be equally held to account when both laws and children have been violated.

14. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Unfortunately quite a lot of people. The first response of many is to claim that they're in it for the compo. The more public the figure (and often the more conservative and/or establishment they are) the stronger the knee jerk reaction that the accusers are fantasists just after the money and/or fame.

A few high profile false accusations have helped stoke this approach whereas any number of proven cases seem to make no difference.

Misogyny, defence of the "tribe", "look at me being clever and not believing anything I'm told", maybe even a level of personal guilt all have various parts to play.

The victims are by definition people who are damaged by their past which they probably made an effort to make as much of a blur as possible at the time and not dwell on since. So they don't make the best witnesses and are of course easily denigrated by the legal system especially in the eyes of those who start off from a position of looking down on them.

It seems for many that Virginia is/was at best a common prostitute.

15. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

Giuffre has a pattern of falsely accusing high-profile figures, including former President Bill Clinton and former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper Gore. It does look a little odd.

Laphroig likes this.
  16. Mangleworzle

Q.E.D.

Jamvic and cissy3 like this.
  17. Corvuscorax

but Epstein was convicted. This isn't just unsubstantiated accusations, The charge against Epstein were proved in court. There is no doubt that these were innocent victims. The only question is to what extent is Prince Andrew involved. At the very very best, he colluded by not asking questions about why there were so many unchaperoned, unprotected teenage girls there.

Jamvic likes this.
  18. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

The facts are a little painful for you I suspect.

19. Mangleworzle

lol - see this mirror.

What did she falsely accuse them of?

Jamvic likes this.
  20. Mangleworzle

I'm not disagreeing with you, I was responding to your question about how some readily dismiss the victims.

Corvuscorax likes this.