1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Andrew has no recollection of Virginia

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Corvuscorax, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

That is a complete non answer.

Does he have any recollection of sexual acts with young girls provided by Epstein, or not.

If not, he can categorically state it didn't happen with Virginia, then, can't he. Not just say he has no recollection of her

Jamvic likes this.
  2. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Saying he doesn’t remember doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. In my opinion the interview hasn’t helped him at all.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Agreed... listening to radio4 earlier it didn't sound good. More of a lawyers answer...

4. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The story will go on and on. It will get really interesting when he is subpoenaed to appear in an American court. That's the only point when we may get some idea of the truth.

Jamvic and grumpydogwoman like this.
  5. mathsman

mathsman Occasional commenter

We're all teachers, we all know when someone is lying. So embarrassing.

6. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I don't think an American subpoena can be issued in the UK. Under the Hague Evidence Convention, the best that can be managed (if a judge here agrees) is a letter of request to provide evidence.

7. florian gassmann

Virginia Giuffre has certainly been accused of serial perjury. I don't know if that has been proved in court yet, but some lawyer on R4 this morning seemed convinced that it will be.

Laphroig and Kandahar like this.
  8. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Giuffre has a pattern of falsely accusing high-profile figures, including former President Bill Clinton and former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper Gore.

A lawyer, Alan Dershowitz is currently suing the woman who accused him and Jeffrey Epstein of sexual assault, claiming 'she made up the entire story for money.'

9. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

He seems to have met her - there is a photo of them together. BUT if one assumes he didn't do the dirty with her (innocent until proven guilty, surely) then maybe he has no memory. He will have met thousands of people a year for many years. Why would you remember one of them?
    However, he did look a bit shifty and it's a somewhat odd answer.

freckle06 and Laphroig like this.
  10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Prince Andrew is as relevant to the real world as Prince Harry. Move along, citizens, nothing to see here, get back to your lives.

nomad likes this.
  11. colacao17

colacao17 New commenter

12. Kandahar

Kandahar Established commenter

What a queer thing to write.

13. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

I don’t like Prince Andrew. My husband and I were in the RN at the same time he was and on the few occasions we met, he came across as a self absorbed, entitled oik. He took what he wanted, when he wanted but he is not a paedophile. People should stop using this word incorrectly.

However, this current case raises questions. Why is Giuffre the only victim being given publicity? What exactly was her father’s role in getting her a job with Epstein? Why isn’t the fact that she was of legal age in the U.K. when she allegedly slept with Andrew properly reported? Why is Andrew the only high profile man being openly accused and hounded in the press? What about the other men who abused her? It seems like a personal vendetta on someone’s part.

14. florian gassmann

Guiffre said there were too many to remember them all. “There was, you know, another foreign president, I can’t remember his name,” she said in one deposition. “He was Spanish. There’s a whole bunch of them that I just — it’s just so hard for me to remember all of them".

Frankly, the more that is revealed about her, the more she is sounding like Carl Beech.

Laphroig and nomad like this.
  15. Kandahar

Yes indeed. Pure fantasy.

Laphroig and nomad like this.
  16. peakster

peakster Star commenter

On whose part ?

He still hasn't explained what he was doing in Epstein's house two years after Epstein was convicted of sex offences.

Don't make excuses for him.

17. Kandahar

Don't make excuses for what is fast sounding like a fantasist.

Laphroig likes this.
  18. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Why was he in Epstein's house ? - please enlighten us on that one.

frangipani123 likes this.
  19. Kandahar

I know that you'd reply to such a request unpolitely, but since you cannot be bothered to find out

Here

20. peakster

peakster Star commenter

So do you know then - pray tell.

He doesn't remember her - yeah right.

One more thing - the party where the original photo was taken.

Why was he even there ?

Why is his arm round her waist ?

Jamvic likes this.