1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

And then came cancer

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by ilovepoppies, Apr 29, 2017.

1. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

AML can go and do one!!!:)

[​IMG]

2. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

A long way from a spring yet, Mary. At the moment waking up each morning is a bonus.

3. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Just liking posts to acknowledge them and to show you're in my thoughts everyday.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Thanks for posting GL - thinking of you. xxx

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Agreed. Don't feel you have to, but it does help us to feel reassured you' doing as well as can be expected in the circumstances.'

How's the hair doing? Time to get started thinking what 'colour' you'd like to be? Or should we start collecting for one of those fashionable 'headscarves'?

guinnesspuss and rosievoice like this.
  6. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

No I haven't lost my hair! Ive been cheated!

A week of very aggressive chemo twice a day and no hairloss, sickness , rashes or anu of the other things they warned about.

V weak and tired of course but that's about it.

7. Lara mfl 05

Wow, what a 'bonus'. :) I remember a friend who said the 'worst' aspect of chemo was the 'nausea and sickness'.:(

8. marlin

Very pleased you haven't had some of the symptoms they warned about! When my sister had chemo she found that her mouth became very sensitive - she had to use baby toothpaste for example as well avoiding anything with any spices.

Have the CAB been very reassuring that you must concentrate on getting through this and not to even think about work? I hope so as I'm sure there's no way you could put your thoughts to anything at the moment except getting through each day.

9. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

My mate at cab has been turning up to fill in all the benefits claims for me.

Yes cases all under control a.nd taken over.

10. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

You'll owe them a Pisco Sour or two when you get out!

guinnesspuss and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  11. marlin

Excellent! :D
    Good. :)

Hope this virtual bouquet brings a smile to your face. :)

upload_2017-6-16_18-28-19.png

12. Lara mfl 05

Now that's an idea marlin. :D
    As we can't deliver/send anything into your 'sterile environment' we can 'deliver' lots of virtual gifts.

So here's a 'healthy' wishing you well basket. [​IMG]

13. rosievoice

So d healthy.....

[​IMG]

14. rosievoice

Pudding...

[​IMG]

Actually, this is very healthy. Look at all that fruit!

15. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

Sending you all GL, Poppies and Mr L my very best wishes. I've been reading your posts for ages before I took the plunge and joined in. My family have experience of cancer and I know how long the process is. Wonderful improvements in treatments are made continuely. Sending you get better vibes.

16. Grandsire

Grandsire Senior commenter

Reading this thread makes me realise how much I value the wisdom and companionship of people I've never met but whose names mean something to me because of the friendship they show to people like me who come to this site in need of support and a laugh. So I wanted to say I'm thinking of you, and hoping you and those you care about feel supported too. Best wishes, Grandsire.

17. emma_b3st

emma_b3st New commenter

What grandsire said, really.
    You guys give so much, wise words that are comforting in their familiarity. Some names that command respect.
    Sorry that life has thrown one of those curve balls.
    My next job is to booky next donor session- also an o-.
    Good luck all.

18. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Just picked up the news.
    Stay strong.
    Thinking & praying for you all.

19. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Bleurghh....! First throw up of the morning! (Did I say I wasn't sick yesterday?)

Cornflakes and milk. Everything else projectile s. This illness is carp.

20. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

sending you a hug xxx