1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

And then came cancer

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by ilovepoppies, Apr 29, 2017.

1. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Good to hear such a positive update GLsghost.

Merry Christmas and sending a big hug.

X

guinnesspuss and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  2. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

Fantastic to hear such positive news GL, your family will be so proud of you for moving through this process with so much strength and resilience. It's so good to hear a positive AML story unfolding because it is, as you say, a high stakes lottery.

My very best wishes to you for a continued recovery, also to Mr Lara, Poppies, Lazycat and the others on this thread who have shared their experiences. It's a long hard road but it is possible to come through it.

I hope 2018 is a year of returning health/good health and peace for us all.

3. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

So good to read your positive news, gls. Hope you, mr Lara, poppies and everyone else has had a joyous and peaceful Christmas with their loved ones.
    Good wishes for a happy and healthy new year for all of you x

4. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Best wishes to you all for a continued recovery in 2018.

5. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

I hope 2018 brings positive news for all. Well done for getting through 2017!

6. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Wot Calpurnia said.

Love and best wishes to all. xxxx

7. ilovepoppies

ilovepoppies New commenter

Happy New Year, to all you wonderful people. May the year ahead bring you much happiness and good health xx

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh @ilovepoppies, thanks s much for popping in.

Trust this next year gets better and better and by the end you can discard that wig and start planning a new wardrobe.:D

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Happy New Year Poppies! :)

Hope 2018 turns out to be a good year for you.

Saw this and thought of you:
    upload_2018-1-2_21-30-57.png

xxx

10. Lara mfl 05

That is so wonderful Marlin. :D
    Along with Lillies of the Valley they're my favourite flowers too,;)

11. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Good to hear from you poppies. Happy New Year to you and I hope your health improves through 2018.

Lovely image and words, Marlin.

12. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Lovely to hear from you poppies

Adding my best wishes for health and happiness in 2018 to you all.

13. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

So glad to hear a positive outcome from a rubbish year @GLsghost ! Hoping that 2018 is heaps bette for you, @ilovepoppies @Lara mfl 05 , @foxtail3 , @Lazycat and everyone else who has had such a rough time of it. Here's to a much healthier 2018 for you all.

14. Lara mfl 05

Just seen an interview with Tessa Jowell on BBC news.

Makes one even more in awe of all those who have to undergo cancer treatment. Our Pastor's wife had a brain tumour and struggles now with words just over a year afterwards.

15. Lazycat

Lazycat Established commenter

Thank you for the good wishes that have been coming our way. Mr Lazycat continues with the chemo. He’s coping really well and the doctor is pleased with his progress. It’s been an unbelievably tough six months and I take heart in all the support I’ve had from family, friends and colleagues. School have been surprisingly supportive, they’ve cut me a fair bit of slack and have given me time off timetable to catch up with marking. I just hope they continue to make allowances for me working well below par.

16. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Lazycat, good to hear that Mr Lazycat is doing well. Make sure you are taking care of yourself, too. Glad also to hear that your school are being supportive. Sometimes things can surprise you - my daughter was very seriously ill before Christmas; she was in hospital for over a month and had several surgeries. I had six weeks off to be with her and my school were great. In these tough times when we hear a great deal of (justified) moans about the system, it's heart-warming to realise that SLTs can sometimes still be human! Best wishes to you both x

17. Lara mfl 05

Great news lazycat. Even better about your school being understanding.:)

18. Lara mfl 05

Just putting a short update (with her permission) from GLsghost,

She is unfortunately still in hospital and diagnosed with Graft Vs Host Disease of the gut. :(Coinciding with the reduction in immuno-suppressant drugs I gather they want to keep her in to monitor everything. However not as severe treatment as some- though she is having to learn to 'like' soya milk!

Sending you HUGE Get Well wishes and a speedy return home GL.:)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  19. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Lots of love and best wishes to GLs.

20. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

Thoughts with you GLs, hope you get home soon.