1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

And then came cancer

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by ilovepoppies, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Agree as Dt says
    well done for getting this far and sending you 'healing wishes' for the next round of chemo.
    [​IMG]

2. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Stay strong, poppies. x

3. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Good to hear from you Poppies.
    GL- how are you doing?

4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

poppies, you really have had a tough time lately - all good wishes for the next op and round of treatment.
    Thinking of all of you - GLS, poppies and MrLara ... stay strong and keep fighting x

5. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

Popped in to wish everyone well and to say I'm thinking of you all. Best wishes from me.

6. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

And from me too. Still thinking of you
    Poppies, GLs, Mr.Lara and LazycatHubby

7. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

I don't frequent the 'health forum' so I had no idea. I am truly shocked and I feel so selfish for only thinking about my own problems, which are nothing compared to what others are going through.

I am so so so very sorry to hear that GL, poppies and Lara's husband are suffering.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all for a very speedy recovery.

GL you have been so supportive to me and others, everyone is thinking of you.xxxxxxx

Almighty and Everlasting God, hear us on behalf of GL, Poppies and Lara's husband who are sick, for whom we humbly beg the help of your mercy, so that they are restored to health. Through Christ our Lord. Amen

I know not everyone believes in God, however, I believe in the power of prayer and I hope no one minds.

8. Lara mfl 05

Bless you for that @digoryvenn.:D Certainly in my husband's case, he has always firmly believed in the 'power of prayer' and that has contributed hugely to his positive mindset.

9. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Well, my family have seen both sides of cancer news in the last few days. My sibling now has a diagnosis of prostate cancer. His daughter visited her oncologist to be told she is three years in remission and cancer is unlikely to reappear. She is obviously thrilled. As she says, you couldn’t make it up.

Thoughts with everyone affected. GL, hope to hear you are feeling a bit better soon.

10. digoryvenn

I am so sorry to hear that Sundaytrekker. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

11. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

My heart goes out to all of you and especially to @salsera and her son.

12. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing. Sending positive thoughts to all who need it.

13. rosievoice

Wot Sparkles said. xxxxx

14. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

15. digoryvenn

Me too!
    Thinking of you all.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  16. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

Likewise.

I hope everyone is making progress towards the medical result they are aiming for.

Best wishes to everyone from me.

17. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Thank you all for your kindness and good wishes.

I am home at last, but very very weak at the moment so wont be posting much till I feel stronger. Recovery from the transplant is a long haul, though it all went well.

Good to see Poppies here. She's had a torrid time of it, but has now had her lymph node surgery and the news afterwards was very good.

18. rosievoice

Good news.

guinnesspuss and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  19. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Lovely to hear from you. Take care xxx

guinnesspuss and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  20. Lara mfl 05

Take every care of yourself GL.

guinnesspuss likes this.