1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

And the weirdest thing was....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by florapost, Dec 27, 2011.

1. So what was the weirdest or ickiest thing that happened to you this christmas (not those who had a really foul christmas, that's another thread - just those 'did that really happen?' moment)
    like my b-i-l's dad taking his teeth out half way through boxing day tea, carefully applying a layer of fixative, and putting them back in again.
    yes - i was sitting directly opposite him [​IMG]

2. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

Whilst at the table?! Ewwww!! - Perhaps this thread title should be the ickiest thing that happened this Christmas.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

As mentioned in another thread, our drain was well and truly bunged up by Boxing Day morning so I spent the start of the day in the delightful task of rodding it out and swilling down the foul faecal deposits that had accumulated in the inspection holes.

4. My o/h and I had a lovely Christmas, and we were just remarking on how much we were enjoying a lovely, relaxing boxing day...when we got the phonecall telling us his mother had had a heart attack.
    That in itself isn't weird I suppose, but perhaps the fact that we spent last Christmas visiting his aunt (his mothers sister) in the same ward of the same hospital after she'd had a heart attack makes it a little weirder!
    Thankfully, she's fine and will be home in a couple of days, but I've opened up the betting on whose turn it is next year - and I'm going to ask Santa for a hospital parking permit!

5. 3 year old grandson announced in the middle of Christmas lunch, at a friends house, that he needed a pooh. I told him yet again that he only needs say he needs the toilet. We don't need to know what for. He insisted he really did need a pooh.
    I took him off to the loo and on return he randomly announced that the red one was a big smelly pooh and the blue one was just OK. What the heck is that about.
    And no he wasn't just being naughty, he meant it.
    Glad really I was there to be sure there were no red or blue ones else we'd have off to A&E.

6. Strange things have been happening in my house lately. Things have gone missing but the strangest thing was, on Christmas morning as we were giving out the pressies, there was a wrapped box of Celebrations with a blank tag on it. Not strange in itself but no one knows where it came from!