1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

And again...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by quietly_waiting, Jul 21, 2011.

1. 'They thought you were great, will remember you if a position opens up. You really impressed them... however the other person they saw was a head of dept and as they needed a head they chose her.'

Yes that is right - a school who knew I was a NQT still interviewed me for a position against a HOD for a HOD position. (They had not told this to the agency I went through) what a waste of time that was really. Why interview someone with no experience for what your looking for? Or for that matter ask any questions along the lines of the position you want to fill?

Just feeling angry and deflated at the same time. Why cant my face finally fit? I love teaching so much, but the stress of having no where to go next sept and the inability to get a bill paying job now as I'm seen as a flight risk is awful.

sorry for the rant - just needed to get it out of my system!

qw

2. I'm so sorry to hear that - but I have good news too. I've had loads of interviews and have been told so many times that I was second best and that i'd really made an impression, that I'm a super teacher, that my lesson was wonderful etc etc and that if anything comes up i'm next in line.
    I've just got a job - it was a promotional opportunity and guess what they said?...

I really impressed them, my lesson was wonderful,I really made an impression... etc etc!!

Turns out that the 'feedback' they give you which isn't any feedback at all, is actually true after all!!!
    Don't get disheartened and keep trying - your time WILL come (you don't know how many times I've heard that over the last 5 years but that's true too!!)