1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ancient History GCSE from AQA

Discussion in 'Classics' started by Helena Handbasket, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

I can't find any info on this. Could you possibly attach a link?

Thanks

2. I believe that the course you really mean is the OCR GCSE Ancient History as this is the only Ancient History course offered at this level. We teach this course and my experience is that it is very strongly history based and therefore would suit historians better than Latinists. It is also something we are thinking of introducing as part of our G&T as it is definitely a complex and full subject to teach

3. Details at school - sure brand new from AQA. - could be wrong. Will re post on Monday - looks exciting, but harder than other specs - 30 Mark essay questions. Will sort info properly and re post!

4. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

Any more news on this?

5. Prospect of alternative to OCR is always interesting!
    We teach the OCR Ancient History short-course GCSE and there's an extremely strong emphasis on reliability of sources, which can be quite challenging to get across to pupils. Pupils have to know the set sources *incredibly* well to thoroughly answer questions.