1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ancient Egypt

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CB123, Aug 5, 2015.

1. CB123

CB123 New commenter

Hi next term I am teaching Ancient Egypt as a topic and trying to get as much of the curriculum into this. I really want to get some statistics work into it, has anyone got any good ideas?

2. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

I found lots of stuff on this brilliant site www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/Egypt.html for background in general when working on Ancient Egypt with language impaired kids. Could there be some interesting statistics stuff in the British Museum about deciphering hieroglyphs, ancient records of harvests, payments...? They seemed to keep good records! Good luck.

If you have a mixed ability class the resources I made are easily found if you do a Ctrl+F in speechshow.files.wordpress.com/.../alpha-order-index-jan-15.pdf but there isn't anything on stats!

3. CB123

CB123 New commenter

Thanks for that. Some great resources on you speechshow.

Ill have a look on the British Museum site. Was hoping to either find info on the change of population of the Ancient Egyptian Period or to look at the population of different types of people eg slaves, Pharaohs etc. Guess I was being lazy and hoping someone had already put something link this together.