1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ancient Egypt

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by Chatterbox1607, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Chatterbox1607

Chatterbox1607 New commenter

I have been asked to cover a class for the day and their topic is Ancient Egypt. I have never taught this before and therefore have no resources or much knowledge in this area. I have had a look on the resource part of the site and have gathered a few ideas. Having taught it what ideas or suggestions do you have for me? What would I be best doing? They are a p2 class and have been looking at this topic since the start of term. Many thanks in advance.

2. Chatterbox1607

Chatterbox1607 New commenter

I have been asked to cover a class for the day and their topic is Ancient Egypt. I have never taught this before and therefore have no resources or much knowledge in this area. I have had a look on the resource part of the site and have gathered a few ideas. Having taught it what ideas or suggestions do you have for me? What would I be best doing? They are a p2 class and have been looking at this topic since the start of term. Many thanks in advance.

3. Hi
    Don't know if this is too late but why not look at That's What I Call A Class Assembly - The Ancient Egyptians from Out of the Ark Music - songs on a cd with vocals and backing tracks, mini play, curriculum ideas, key facts - everything in one package. It's good for consolidation of a topic.
    www.outoftheark.co.uk

4. Will the day not be planned if it's an advance booking? Could get them to try to build their own pyramids as a challenge. "Writing" hieroglyphics on "papyrus"