1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ancient Egypt

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JumpingStarfish, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Hiya,
    Have decided my topic next term is going to be Ancient Egypt for my Year 3/4 class. As this is obviously a tried and tested topic for a lot of people I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice. Any amazing lessons people have taught? What are the best areas to cover? I can tell from looking at information and other posts that there's no way everything can be covered. What teaching sequence do people follow? Any help/advice/topic webs would be really appreciated!

PS - has anyone taught Islam as part of the R.E considering its the main religion of Egypt? Any advice you could give on that?

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Islam was not the main religion of Ancient Egypt. It had not been 'invented'. Take care with inappropriate associations - it'll confuse the kids.

3. Sorry Nomad, I didn't make myself clear. I mean its the main religion of modern Egypt - I want to do some work with the children on modern Egypt as well as Ancient Egypt.