1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ancient Egypt Planning

Discussion in 'History' started by kiwijesta, Nov 16, 2009.

1. I am planning using Ancient Egypts as my Creative Learning topic in Year 5. I would appreciate any ideas.If possible could you send me an e-mail to anoma@haslemere.merton.sch.uk. Thanks.

2. Look at http://www.educationalmusicals.com have musicals on "The Boy King" and "Valley of the Kings" also resource packs on The Boy King plus others.

3. hobgoblintc

hobgoblintc New commenter

Hi guys
    There seem to be lots of people needing inspiration for their Egyptians topic... maybe we can help!
    We are launching our brand new play, "The Curse of the Mummy", in the Summer Term. It's written to complement the KS2 History curriculum and, of course, inspire the children. The play, which we perform in your school hall, is interactive and lasts 60 minutes. We can also follow this up with a 60 minute drama workshop for the children who watch the show.
    Check out our website for more details and testimonials etc at www.hobgoblintheatrecompany.co.uk
    Hope this helps.
    Kind regards
    Dan

4. martianpoolwoman

martianpoolwoman New commenter

There is lots that you can do for Ancient Egypt. Apart from great shows like above and workshops, there are so many cross curricular opportunities, especially the Art. I used to get mine to make Egyptian neck collars which was a history , art and maths activity. There are some music progs which the kids can 'compose' Egyptian music on.
    If anyone is in the Greater Manchester area , apart from brilliant museum visits and opportunities, there is artefact hire locally. Many museums have a free artefact loan system with a breakage policy. It's all a matter of collection. So always try there first of all of all, especially if it 's free .
    However, if you can't find a museum close by then if you are Greater Manchester , Preston or Fylde (WW2 ) ''History Services'' often have artefact hire to KS2 for WW2, Britain since 1948 , Vikings and Ancient Egypt ( in Manchester area ). It s about £20 a week or £5.00 a day plus refundable deposit for breakages.
    http://historyservices.webeden.co.uk
    Marti