1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

Ancient Egypt Assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by olipage, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has done an Ancient Egypt class assembly before? I have to write one and really struggling to make it long enough and funny.... so far I have got them re-enacting the mummification and a little dance... but ahhhhhhh what to do next???
    Any ideas on what else to include would be really appreciated!
    x

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

3. Beware of launching into a song about the ten plagues which repeats verses, as in the 12 days of Christmas and 10 green bottles.
    A colleague did this, and after spotting the pattern by the start of verse 3, we all lost the will to live as we watched the morning's teaching time fade out of reach. ;-)

4. I got one from primary reources last year and was told it was one of the funniest assemblies. Although mostly because of kids acting, have a search for it.

5. go to Out of the Ark Music - they have a series called That's What I Call A Class Assembly andhave a book called The Ancient Egyptians, it is basically a short play set in Egypt where a group of children from the Young Archaeologists Club take part in a quest. They solve clues and enter different scenes and uncover facts about mummies, hieroglyphics, Pharahos, pyramids and the River Nile. You can expand the script by show work that has been completed in class etc and there are 4 songs including a sand dance song.
    You get songs on a cd and there are lots of other cross curricular ideas included in the book.
    Take a look on line at www.outoftheark.com - it's got sample script and song clips.