1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Analysis Spreadsheet for Edexcel Nov Higher Linear Papers

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by danielstucke, Jan 16, 2011.

1. I've written a spreadsheet to anlayse the data that you can get from Edexcel's Results Plus site - I never like the presentation from Edexcel themselves. It breaks down analysis for each pupil and class on a question level as well as at a num/alg/shap/data level.

It also produces a double spread A4 page for each individual pupil showing their strengths and weaknesses on the exam from November.

Hope it's of use to someone - feel free to share.

http://www.mrstucke.com/2011/01/16/data-analysis-spreadsheet-for-edexcel-higher-maths-nov-2010/

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

That looks useful. Thank you.

3. this is excellent!
    is there any chance you have one for the foundation papers? Cheeky i know!!
    C

4. googolplex

googolplex Occasional commenter

Stunning! Very many thanks.

5. Glad it's been of use. We didn't enter for Foundation in November so I won't be getting round to one this time - far too busy!!

6. DM

DM New commenter

You are famous now dan. You have Graham's special seal of approval.

7. GoldMaths

GoldMaths New commenter

8. Ha! My blog has had 10 times more traffic in the last 24 hours than it normally gets! Moral of the story - Maths teachers need to share stuff more often :)

9. AQA have launched something which would appear to do an excellent job for teachers / students to analyse exam results in the classroom. They are calling it their Mock Exam Analyser - it's on their All About Maths site today. Below is a quote from their release about it.
    As the November papers will be used as mock exams for many students, we've developed a new, free resource for AQA All About Maths to help students identify their strengths and weaknesses in the examination. The Mock Exams Analyser will allow these students to input their marks and see:
    • an analysis of their mark, including their achieved grade and how far off their target grade they were
    • how they performed in each of the topic areas and assessment objectives
    • their performance against the mean marks of candidates from the live examination
    • the question, mark scheme, report on the exam and model answer
    Sounds tremendous and from having a quick play seems to do the job,

10. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

iron6000 I have just been looking at that resource, we must have had the same email today.

It looks brilliant - really helpful.

I like the way they have included an answer worth full marks.

11. I think the spreadsheet is fantastic, so useful! I am having trouble with the individual analysis page though. It is not picking up the right marks for the right pupils. When I select a student from the menu, it is not giving me the marks for that student. Anyone else got the individual sheet to work who can offer some assistance for me?