1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

An unusual day for me tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lurk_much, Feb 22, 2012.

1. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

enjoy your day

2. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

[​IMG] you rebel

3. Agreed.
    Only problem is these same (middle) management often then move onto other departments (usually the result of promotion) & then someone else has to clear up & often reverse the <strike>mess</strike> changes they had previously made.

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

A French friend of mine once set up a business in the UK, as a UK extension of his brother's already successful graphic design company.
    I shared a flat with him at the time (late 90s) and caught him as he was about to go to a first business appointment with a new client, ready to leave the house wearing tight jeans, cowboy boots, a white shirt and a patterned waistcoat (paisley).
    Naturally, I stopped him in his tracks and told him under no condition was he to go to a business meeting wearing such a hideous combination. He took my advice but was a little put out and told me that this would be perfectly acceptable business attire in France. Not so in Blighty, matey, I advised him. He would have been laughed out of the place, or at least treated condescendingly and then sniggered about upon leaving.
    In your own home, MM, casual dress might be fitting.
    Jeans are one thing. Just don't wear a waistcoat as well. Or cowboy boots. In fact, nothing other than a nice clean shirt and some reasonably decent shoes. Although you will look like you've lost your way to the Top Gear set.

5. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

It would depend who asked me, to be frank, and there's no way I'd entertain driving around the country as I used to, being away from home all week.

6. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Yeah - that's what I mean 'on your terms' - go gettem

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

This is really quite astonishing. I wrote a lenghy post telling you all that the customers were young fasion designers who felt more comfortable with me in my long hair and jeans, than they expressed they would have felt if I'd had thehaircut and wore the sharp suit,but the only part that was published was my reply to angiebabe, albeit it appeared in it's entirety after I originally posted it.
    All that time typing with a lame hand and correcting erors appears to have been a complete waste of time. I might just have well have let my dog drag me to the pub and chat up the barmaid.

8. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Hey well done.
    As for all that typing see my post "I'm hopping mad!" [​IMG]