1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

An unexpected phne call this morning...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Dancing Butterfly, May 28, 2012.

1. Dancing Butterfly

Dancing Butterfly New commenter

At 9am this morning a school that I had an interview at 4 weeks ago rang and offered me a job, (which I accepted)! Another (more senior) member of staff handed in their notice on Friday and instead of re-interviewing they decided to offer the post to me.
    My interview feedback was that I was a close second, which I've been told a lot, so thought it was just something schools said to make you feel better but apparently not [​IMG] It just goes to show that if you impress a school at interview, whilst you may not jet that job, they may keep your details for a different vacancy.
    Good luck to those still hunting. Don't give up - It took a year of supply and about 29 interviews beofre I got a 1yr maternity cover to do my NQT. Just had a year out to travel and 2 interviews since I got back in April.

Just remember everything happens for a reason

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That's fantastic news. Only 2 iterviews and been offered a job. That's cause for celebration in itself!
    So, join your dancing butterfly friends and 'dance the night away' celebrating!
    [​IMG]

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Dancing Butterfly!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now go and read this thread - bump it when you have read it.
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    A BETTER job too, by the sound of it - great!
    Best wishes

4. Dancing Butterfly

Dancing Butterfly New commenter

Thanks everyone [​IMG]