1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

An open posting to Eric Schmidt

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by djphillips1408, May 25, 2012.

1. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Thanks for that, ironically found out about that course last night too with the help of HH. Anyway it's 10 mins away from me so booking it today. Mr Schmidt this course is my plan B, if you do read this you are still route 1.

2. tjra

tjra Occasional commenter

I've had some quite heated debates with friends about the merits of the TeachFirst scheme; too many of these 21 years olds with great degrees who think they're the bee's knees just sign up for a couple of years, grab the money and experience, then eff off to other jobs. I grind my teeth when I'm told that people who do it are "giving something back" and "making a difference".

3. Herne Bay resident?
    Suppose that's more like 20.

4. djphillips1408

It's only 5 miles even I drive at more than 15 mph

5. Perhaps we should all turn up with our TES logins on a badge. Djp and John brown will only need one badge between them. Just signed up, too. Can't wait to hit Canterbury!

6. Ah, Herne Bay.

Good memories of living in Beltinge Road briefly, dog walks along the beach to Reculver, dodging invalid scooters in the shopping centre and swimming out to the pier ruins with my monstrous German Shepherd dog.

Sob.

7. djphillips1408

CHS? Do you mean Canterbury High School? How interesting......

8. **** actually, but when the tide is out, you can walk 2/3 of the way depending on your height.

Herne Bay has the gentlest shelving sea floor I've ever encountered.

9. jweb2k

jweb2k New commenter

Eric Schmidt must love Herne Bay, or you've both gone way off topic....

10. There is something 1950's and slightly wonderful about Herne Bay - you have to live there to get it.

Yes, it's off topic - speaking for myself, I love Canterbury, too.

11. djphillips1408

Happy to go off topic as Eric never came back to me on twitter. So today I am going to teach the children all about searching the internet with bing, storing your docs and editing using skydrive and the advantages of viddy over YouTube.

12. That sounds really exciting and challenging for grammar school children. I'm sure they will love listening to you for half an hour. Will you get them to present the advantages and disadvantages of Bing compared to other browsers as a PowerPoint presentation?

13. djphillips1408

52 days left isn't it?

14. Phil will be delighted.

15. Love the post! Shame on Eric...

16. Mymouses's wife / boyfriend /companion won't be.