1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

An Open Letter to the Duchess of Alba

Discussion in 'Personal' started by doomzebra, Aug 23, 2011.

1. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Most Excellent Lady
    Enough with the surgery!
    You look like a velociraptor in a mantilla
    I remain, ma'am, your most affectionate servant

Doomzebra

2. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

I had never heard of her until this thread, so I Googled her. [​IMG]

3. Neither had I. So I googled to. Good god.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I think there is an increasing number of cosmetic surgeons who ought to be prosecuted.

5. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

She is a staple of the trash-mag market in Spain. I think she's scary and bears more than a passing resemblance to MJ.
    Google for pictures of her when younger, she was quite attractive.
    And I think she has a much younger boyfriend for whom she has recently given up her wealth (her children disapproved so she gave them what's coming to them and said sod off, more or less).

6. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Good grieff,what a sight! Why would you want to do that?
    She's the same age as my dad. He looks far better than she does.

7. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

8. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

9. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Not bad. Not strictly beautiful perhaps - but at least she had a 'Royal' look to her. Now she looks like a Tweenie that's been left out in the rain. Why do people feel the need for plastic surgery?

10. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Exactly.
    Why did she feel she had to butcher herself? I'm sure she would be a nice looking 80 something woman. Now,she looks animal faced.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

When I clicked on the 'when she was young' link I got 'Error 503'. One wonders what error number she is on now she is old.

12. OMG... what a state!

13. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

14. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

Oh my goodness she's quite startling isn't she?
    The poor woman must be suffering some kind of psychological condition - the face equivalent of body dysmorphia perhaps?
    Poor woman. Still. At least she's smiling. I think.

15. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

That is all she can do

16. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

She is, in fact, immensely popular in Spain with all ages. Think of the Queen Mum - that sort of thing. People are really fond of her. Recently she was mobbed on the beach by teenagers all dying to talk to her and have their photos taken with her.
    It is indeed said that she is going to marry her "boyfriend" - some 20+ years younger, and although she is the most titled person in Spain, he is a modest civil servant working, I think, in a Social Security office. She has just made an official announcement that it will be a private wedding early October.
    [​IMG]
    His suits look too good to have been bought on that sort of salary.
    When they went recently to a bullfight, the crowd all stood up and roared:" Get married, Duchess!"
    She distributed a lot of her wealth earlier this summer, handing out palaces and estates to her children and grand-children. Of the 6 of them, five are married and divorced. Their ex-spouses have included a bullfighter and a Mexican soap-opera star.
    Her dress sense (or lack of it) is infamous. Mini skirts, bright colours, hippy beads and ribbons or flowers in her frizzy hair. But she is still very much loved.
    [​IMG]
    Here she is last week in Ibiza.
    She has always lived a very privileged life, but can joke about it. She told a story of going to stay with one of her sons, who is a champion show jumper - think Princess Anne with a moustache. She decided that she would have a day "just like an ordinary person", so instead of staying in a palace or a 5* hotel, she stayed in his flat, and she undressed herself all on her own, and the next morning she dressed herself unaided too. Then she went into the living room, and found there two brandy glasses from the night before. "Oh!" she thought. "Another chance to be like an ordinary person! I will wash up the glasses!"
    So she trotted into the kitchen with them, put them down, and thought: "Now, how do you wash up? What do you have to do?". She looked around, opened a few doors, then: "Aha! This is it!" She picked up a bottle of pink liquid which said "For sparkling glass" and proceeded to clean the brandy glasses with (Spanish equivalent of) Windolene.
    I love her. She's a real character!

17. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Personally, I find this kind of 'plasic surgery' infinitely more disturbing:
    [​IMG]
    Apologies if you've just eaten...

18. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Anyone who has just eaten at 23:59 deserves to feel nauseous anyway.

19. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ha, ha!
    I was apologising in advance to our morning posters who may have enjoyed a nice bowl of cornflakes before logging on to TES.
    It's usually dead on here after midnight.

20. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

The Duchess looks more like a car crash victim than that of a plastic surgeon. She seems happy enough though.
    As to the six-pack implants! I never knew such a thing was carried out/popular. He looks like he's got nipple-less breasts. What do they use? Is it sillicon?