1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

An Inspector Calls

Discussion in 'English' started by DalekTeacher, Mar 18, 2012.

1. DalekTeacher

DalekTeacher New commenter

Hi,
    I am teaching 'An Inspector Calls' for the first time and wondered if you have any recommendations for good resources at all?
    Thank you,
    Dalekteacher.

2. DalekTeacher

DalekTeacher New commenter

Hi,
    I am teaching 'An Inspector Calls' for the first time and wondered if you have any recommendations for good resources at all?
    Thank you,
    Dalekteacher.

3. englishtt06

englishtt06 Occasional commenter

Your biggest problem will be that there is so much out there! Hertfordshire Grid for Learning (Literacy) has a good overall scheme and resources, and some good pre-teaching activities (themes and context), which you could complement with teachit resources. There is the BBC version (1980-something) available on youtube to complement the reading.

4. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

I always start teaching it by showing a clip from 'Titanic', then setting up the opening scene, arranging the characters in order of their relationships. I tell them that there are two parents, two adult children and that it's an engagement party and get them to work out the relationships from there.

5. TESEnglish

TESEnglish Occasional commenter