1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'An Inspector Calls' - dvd?

Discussion in 'English' started by frolic, May 15, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone have the very watchable version with Nigel Davenport as Mr Birling? (ie the film of the 1970s theatre production) or know how to get one, please? Not the dull Alistair Sim film version which departs from the script rather too much.
    Happy to trade for something else.
    Thanks

2. Hi,
    Does anyone have the very watchable version with Nigel Davenport as Mr Birling? (ie the film of the 1970s theatre production) or know how to get one, please? Not the dull Alistair Sim film version which departs from the script rather too much.
    Happy to trade for something else.
    Thanks

3. sweetie1

sweetie1 New commenter

Apparently there's a good version from the BBC on youtube now. I've not used it myself, but a couple of my students have watched it.

4. anteater

anteater New commenter

Yes, it's in 6 parts - Bernard Hepton as the Inspector. Include 1982 in the search and it's easy to find.
    It is a lot more faithful to the original than the 1950s film, although rather annoyingly Mr Birling's pompous early speeches are all pretty much cut so you don't get the same sense of dramatic irony.

5. anteater

anteater New commenter

6. Thank you very much to sweetie and anteater. Much appreciated.