1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

An Inspector Calls BBC 1982

Discussion in 'English' started by Elektra, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Elektra

Elektra New commenter

I would be very grateful for a dvd/ copy of this production - it's been deleted from YouTube. It's not perfect, but I prefer it to the more recent version.
    Thanks in anticipation!

2. Lidnod

Lidnod Star commenter

It is more true to the play than the recent version, and certainly more so than the old film. Sadly my VHS video is now so stuttery from overuse that I cannot transfer. Good luck!

3. colacao17

colacao17 Lead commenter

4. Elektra

Elektra New commenter

Thank you both. I've tried the suggested link and I think it will be OK!

5. KS23

KS23 New commenter

colacao17 likes this.
  6. Lidnod

Lidnod Star commenter

I have contacted the BBC here https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/comments-feedback/#/Your comment
    to ask them if there was some way they could make the production available. I don’t suppose I will get much joy but it is worth a go since it only took a moment. Maybe if more people contacted them they would be more likely to pay attention!

7. Lidnod

Lidnod Star commenter

blueskydreaming likes this.
  8. br0wnsugar

br0wnsugar Occasional commenter

Yes, the Bernard Hepton version of AIC is the best but it was never restored/quality not improved, as it is a bit fuzzy, with the modern technology we have. Why, I don't know but its criminal that it has not happened especially when it is for educational purposes. When I taught it, my classes watched 'You Tube' version first before any other production.

9. br0wnsugar

I will contact them as well - I cannot understand why this has not been looked into

10. br0wnsugar