1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

An epidemic of allegations

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Cooperuk, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Sorry you’re feeling bad, Cooperuk. Good idea to go to your gp and talk it through. The active ingredients in generic medicines should be the same but something feels different. I hope your settlement is sorted soon, that will help.

Cooperuk likes this.
  2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Sounds like a good idea @Cooperuk

Would a walk in the fresh air help to lift your spirits a bit? It's cool, but sunny here.

3. sally90

sally90 Occasional commenter

That's bad,@Cooperuk . I'm really sorry to hear that when you were doing so well. Cost-cutting again at the expense of the patient? Grrrr!!:mad: Do go back and talk it through as soon as you can-you can't keep getting messed around like this-you are NOT a chemistry experiment!!

Cooperuk likes this.
  4. Curae

Curae Established commenter

Sorry to hear about this but it happens and as we all said there will be ups and downs ..we all have them ( to different degrees ) even those of us that have not been through any significant issues. Definitely go to your doctor he might have to change the level of medication you take ..it's not one size fits all.

Just look back at this brilliant thread ... look how far you have come ..my goodness it's difficult not be proud of you. I most certainly am and I know all the other TESSERS will not disagree. Only Today I was speaking to my OH about you and other TESSERS ( MY ONLINE FRIENDS ) and how we now exchange recipies ..we are going to use them in our meals to liven up dinner all inspired by you because you are brilliant and don't you forget that my friend !

Cooperuk and sally90 like this.
  5. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Sounds like a plan, I know the stuff I get has brand swaps from time to time but I don't get side effects from that.

Cooperuk likes this.
  6. Cooperuk

Cooperuk Occasional commenter

Thanks all for your support - you'll never know just how much they mean and how they help me keep on going.

:)

7. ejclibrarian

ejclibrarian Established commenter Community helper

[​IMG]

We've got your back :D

8. sally90

How are you feeling this morning @Cooperuk ?

Sundaytrekker, Cooperuk and Curae like this.
  9. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

10. Curae

Keep strong. .. we need you !

Sundaytrekker and Cooperuk like this.
  11. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @Cooperuk,

Sorry that I haven't posted recently, but I always read this thread and see the supportive posts here. I'm sorry that your medication has been changed and that they are not as effective at controlling your anxiety and depression as your old prescription. Have you been to see the GP? How are you feeling today?

Please tell your GP how you are feeling so that you can be given the right medication for you.

As @Curae mentioned in their post, you have a great support team here and we are all rooting for you to get back to full health. Remember, take one day at time. You have been through a lot and it will take time before you feel stronger and more like your old self, but you will get there. In the meantime, please know that we are all here to help you.

The suggestion by @marlin is also a good one. Some fresh air and a long walk can also help to get you out of the house and can help to clear the mind as well and take in your surroundings - especially if you live in the countryside, near a large park or even if you are in a built up area - if you like architecture like I do - you can take in the interesting, classical or quirky designs of buildings as well as look at the hidden gems in your area. Or a visit to a coffee shop to watch the world go by. You could also take your favourite book along as well.

I really hope that you feel brighter today and that the GP has agreed to give you more effective medication. Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you everyone for all your continued support and kind words for the OP.

12. smurphy6

smurphy6 Occasional commenter

Hi Cooperuk, I hope your feeling better today. Getting sorted and back to yourself, same but different having absorbed the terrible experience you've had, is a long slog with hills and valleys. You will get there as your resilience shines through for all Tessers to see.

Best wishes to you and yours as always.

13. Cooperuk

Hi all, feeling way better today.

Perhaps it was just a temporary blip, possibly as it was the first day of the new half term yesterday.

Under better circumstances I would have been going to work.

Sorta gets to ya.

Many thanks to all for your continued support. Love and hugs. X

14. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Loads of little things will remind you of what's gone on so blips will happen, even if you don't realise it at the time.

I was talking to another new face in work yesterday and saying how I'd left teaching, they asked if I'd miss it.....we both looked at each other for a second or so and shared a laugh. I said not as it is at the moment.

frangipani123, sally90, Curae and 2 others like this.
  15. TES_Rosaline

I'm glad that you are feeling better today @Cooperuk.

@Moony is right. I know it's a cliche but it is true - at least I think it is. Take one day at a time and be kind to yourself.

You're welcome @Cooperuk. And you too. Remember that you have come a long way and that you are a fighter.

16. Curae

What a brilliant source of support . This thread is so full life and positivity it moves me to tears for all the right reasons.
    God bless you all !

17. sally90

That's great to hear, @Cooperuk; those 'reminders' will pass into the distance and become ancient history, believe me :)

Any foody plans?:) I've been looking at the Christmas food catalogue of a certain High Street retailer (oh OK-M&S!) and thinking of ways I could adapt and make some of their ideas, because I would never spend on stuff like that on principle! At the moment I'm thinking of experimenting on making individual 'Semifreddo' christmas puds in a chocolate casing for those who don't like proper Christmas pud. I'll let you know how I get on with that at the weekend...:)

frangipani123, Cooperuk and Curae like this.
  18. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline
    Bless you for following this thread Rosaline. It's good to know that staff follow and are able to flag up the tremendous amount of support offered here.:D

pepper5, frangipani123, Curae and 3 others like this.
  19. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @Lara mfl 05. It's great to know that there is a strong network of support in the Community and that everyone routinely rallies round to help fellow members around the clock. Thank you to all the members in this thread and across the Community for all the advice and support you give to your fellow members.

20. Cooperuk

Hey there all - a little update.

Shenanigans concerning this situation are pretty much over. The school are refusing to write into a reference that I am NOT a safeguarding concern. Their justification seems to be that, as I was accused of something (yet found innocent by them) then they cannot say there were no safeguarding concerns.

The moral of the story is: If you get maliciously accused of something, a petty and vindictive HT can try and ruin your career, even when their own investigation finds you innocent and recommends no disciplinary action etc.

Fortunately, as I do not need their reference, I don't really give two hoots what they write :) and have just been a bit bloody minded in demanding changes.

It does show what a petty mindset they have though, that because I chose to leave and not work in their school as a result of this situation, they will try and hamstring my future.

Thank goodness for other people who know me well, that I am a decent chap, and will employ me regardless!

Should all be over, done and dusted before the end of the month.