1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

An endless waiting game?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by djaye14, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I had an interview on the 19th January at ARU (Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford) and watched as people who also had interviews on here got unsuccessful/successful decisions. However, I was STILL waiting for a decision... and even today I do not have one!!
    It has been 4 weeks tomorrow since I had an interview and my application still says, 'stop'. A lot of people would tell me to 'ring the uni and see what's going on', but I've already done that and they didn't give me much information and wouldn't tell me a lot either.
    They told me I was on some sort of waiting list and that if someone rejects their offer I could gain their place. She also said she was 'waiting for more allocations from the education staff'... I thought places already had their allocations by now? She did say that I could withdraw my application from there if I wanted to apply elsewhere, but I don't want to apply elsewhere for this year so I'm just hanging on and waiting. She said it was not a def yes and not a def no, but couldnt give me a time on how long I would be waiting?
    I thought I was put on a reserve list at first - but then I spoke to a girl on here who has been put on a reserve list for the uni of Northampton... but she has an unsuccessful decision on her track even tho she still could get a place. However I have no decision and my application is still on stop... surely if I was on a reserve list I would get a no??
    If there is anyone else who has interviewed at ARU and in this situation PLEASE speak up so I know I'm not alone! Or anyone else this has happened to thats applied at a different uni. Or someone who could enlighten me what actually is going on??!!
    I know I can wait forever as this is my only choice now but the waitings killing me. I just want to know!! :(

2. Hi,
    I had an interview on the 19th January at ARU (Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford) and watched as people who also had interviews on here got unsuccessful/successful decisions. However, I was STILL waiting for a decision... and even today I do not have one!!
    It has been 4 weeks tomorrow since I had an interview and my application still says, 'stop'. A lot of people would tell me to 'ring the uni and see what's going on', but I've already done that and they didn't give me much information and wouldn't tell me a lot either.
    They told me I was on some sort of waiting list and that if someone rejects their offer I could gain their place. She also said she was 'waiting for more allocations from the education staff'... I thought places already had their allocations by now? She did say that I could withdraw my application from there if I wanted to apply elsewhere, but I don't want to apply elsewhere for this year so I'm just hanging on and waiting. She said it was not a def yes and not a def no, but couldnt give me a time on how long I would be waiting?
    I thought I was put on a reserve list at first - but then I spoke to a girl on here who has been put on a reserve list for the uni of Northampton... but she has an unsuccessful decision on her track even tho she still could get a place. However I have no decision and my application is still on stop... surely if I was on a reserve list I would get a no??
    If there is anyone else who has interviewed at ARU and in this situation PLEASE speak up so I know I'm not alone! Or anyone else this has happened to thats applied at a different uni. Or someone who could enlighten me what actually is going on??!!
    I know I can wait forever as this is my only choice now but the waitings killing me. I just want to know!! :(

3. I know exactly how you feel.[​IMG] I'm afraid I have no experience of ARU, but I too am awaiting the outcome for an interview (GTP). I have checked my email about 20 times per day this week! It is an awful situation isn't it?
    Hopefully someone waiting to hear from the same place as you will be in touch soon on here or ARU will be in contact with great news. I dread seeing anyone posting that they have been offered a place at the same institute I interviewed at-it will convince me that I have been unsuccessful.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. x

4. Well I know I'm def not an unsuccessful candidate but I'm not good enough to be successful just yet.. so I'm middle ground. Part of me feels good in a sense that they are considering me.
    But the waiting isn't great, esp as I am in the final year of my degree and I have a dissertation to think about :(
    Good luck to you too x