1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

An APP questions about paragraphs

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kettlebabes, Jan 29, 2012.

1. I am a long way from being knowledgable about levelling so am keen to read other responses, but this has been my thinking on your query, based on the sheets we use to level writing;
    I wouldn't have thought that it would mean that none of AF4 could be marked off by not having paragraphs, but I consider that paragraphs in writing are an important element of AF4 level 2, so to me I would expect a level 2A to be using them in their writing when appropriate to do so. As I understand it, referring here to L2, the key focii are AF 1,2 and 7 and a child at L2A would be needing to have most of these gained to be considered a 2A.
    I find some of the criteria are rather open to interpretation!

2. If that's the case, what's the difference between a section and a paragraph? They make reference to a difference between sections and paragraphs in the level 3 descriptors, but only mention sections in level 2.
    I agree that the criteria are open to interpretation and I think some of it is really silly, especially the negative descriptors!