1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

An agency the name of which reminds you of the latin word for 'head'

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by albertdog, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Out of the blue, I had a phone call this afternoon, which came from an agency, the name of which I have made allusion in the title of this thread. A pleasant voice informed that they had been 'looking through their files' and 'noticed my CV, wondering whether I was still looking for work' and, if so, whether I would like to register with them. I was incredulous! I registered with the Hammersmith branch of this agency in October 2010. After over six months of nothing, I was 'transferred' to their Luton office, and then their Reading office; not once was I found one day of work.

I wonder if anyone has found this agency to be of any use at all.

2. I've had that conversation with at least 4 agencies this month but not the one you refer to. Did they also say that they had some long term cover available for your subject but refuse to say where/when? Clearly the callers think that we are complete mugs if they expect us to go for agency "interviews" and pay for new CRBs without a bit more evidence.

3. Crapita did exactly the same for me and I was even daft enough to go to re-register. Far too interested in your CRB money. One supply teacher said that a branch of the company(not the supply business) carries out the CRB work in certain cases. Not a day's work ever even if you ring them up to remind them.

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I was contacted by the private wing of my LA outsourced agency last week offering me a 'fantastic' opportunity for permanent work at a school that is over 100 miles away from my home!
    They asked if I would be prepared to commute or to re-locate. A commute would be a non-starter. They clearly didn't look at my file to see that I will be 60 at the end of 2013 and would never consider selling up to move to an unknown area just for my last 5 terms of teaching.
    That the schhol was not able to recruit in the normal way sent a strong message about its probable challenging nature too.