1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amusing Story

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by chriszwinter1, Nov 27, 2011.

1. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

Revenge is a dish best served cold, although I hope you were offered a hot meal in November.

2. This happens a lot, believe me. I am a Spanish tutor and I get to see these "corrections" so often that they don't even surprise me anymore.

3. Not to mention that one out of two activities for the Spanish classes from resources here at tes.co.uk has mistakes...

4. The new "review" team will pick up the errors......that Rachel is a slave driver....

5. chriszwinter1

I once said in the mfl office at lunchtime, "J'ai sorti mon argent dans ma poche", which was corrected by the resident fast-tracker to "Je suis sorti ...". Two native speakers of French (one a teacher, the other the assistant) and the then head of mfl immediately corrected it back to what I had said. To this day, I don't think our fast-track fraudster knows what a direct object is.

6. chriszwinter1

And the same fraudster used to prattle on "about disseminating good practice", until our Ofsted inspection and she was ......... well, let's just say she wasn't outstanding, good or even satisfactory. She spent the afternoon sobbing her little heart out.

7. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Could you let us or the author of the resource in question know about the mistake? As much as I hate people giving 1 star and justifying it by "there are some mistakes" (but I won't tell you where, you'll just have to guess, mwahaha), I'm sure they'd like to correct it. I'm a native speaker and have made some horrendous mistakes in my resources (one being using the word "luxurieux" - ooops, completely different meaning in French!)

8. Yes, I normally do that when I have the time. I leave the correction in the comments