1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Personal' started by beckycharles, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Has anyone got any recommendations for hotels/b and bs in Amsterdam? I have just booked some flights for October half term. Looking for somewhere fairly central for three nights costing probably between £200-300.
    Thanks in advance,
    Becky

2. Stayed at the Eden hotel little while back - comfortable, good location for the sights.

3. DM

DM New commenter

4. The Schiller in Rembrandt square - brilliant and very central. Square hosts lost of restaurants and bars and also in lots of side streets.
    There is a particularly gorgeous restaurant just off the square, if I can find out the name of it I will post again.

5. I have stayed here (ok 11 years ago) and it is fun and central. Very small rooms so if you are someone who packs the kitchen sink then maybe not.

6. DM

DM New commenter

The bathrooms are tiny but it's perfect for a 3 day break.

7. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll take a look at them, botel sounds interesting!! How far is it from main attractions?

8. the Botel is very short walk, most things in city centre are. Although the first time I stayed there the hotel was more in the outskirts and that needed a tram (also a bit scary didn't like the area - ex booked, it was my first visit there at just turned 19).

9. san38

san38 New commenter

I stayed in 'Museum Square' Hotel. great location - as the name would suggest by the museums and easy walking distance of everything. Basic and small but clean and helpful.