1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

American looking for job teaching Spanish (have a Master's Degree)

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by marmarg, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Hello all,

I am American and have a Master's Degree in Teaching Spanish. I have taught it at the college level for 2 years.

I would like to know how possible is it for me to find a job teaching Spanish in England?

Thank you so much in advance for any ideas or suggestions. [​IMG]

Marmarg

2. Hi Marmarg,

Where about's are you based? I could be able to help with this.

Send me your details

sean.lawrence@randstadeducation.co.uk

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Please do NOT use this forum to advertise your services, Sean.

As for the original question, I need some questions answered in exchange:

1. Do you hold UK or EU citizenship?

2. Do you have the right through any other channel to live and work in the UK?

3. Do you have QTS (UK Qualified Teacher Status)?

4. Do you have the equivalent of QTS in your own state, including any probationary periods completed successfully, that would allow you to apply for QTS here?

5. Do you have successful experience of teaching Spanish, with provable outcomes, and to what age groups?

6. Can you teach European (Castillian) Spanish or only American Spanish?

7. Can you also teach another European language, preferably French?

8 Are you familiar with (in theory at least) the UK specifications and examinations?

These are the sort of questions any sensible Headteacher would be asking you before considering you a suitable applicant.

So if you give me your answers, I'll look at what comes next!

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

4. Hi Theo,

Thanks for all the info. It is very helpful.

I can send you a message with the answer to your questions, but it looks like from what you are asking here and your other answer to the other post I submitted; it doesn't look promising.

Thanks again so much for taking the time to answer my posts.

Marmarg

5. Hi Theo,

I sent you a private message now with my answers to your questions. Your questions did help me get an idea of what is required over there to teach.

Thanks again! :D