1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

American Exchange Question

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by suefla, Jan 17, 2012.

1. suefla

suefla New commenter

All states have different requirements and qualifications. You need to check out the State Department of Education website for the State where you want to go.

2. gulfgolf

gulfgolf Established commenter

Another question about the length of a piece of string. [​IMG]
    There is no such animal as a US curriculum or course of studies or expectations or even 'what's normal' in American schools. Each school or district or in some cases state decides for itself how to do things. The states are engaged in significant arguing about whether things should be more unified, particularly English and Maths, and sometimes other 'serious' subjects. And with ICT not being a 'core' subject, whatever that is, they haven't even gotten around to doing much arguing at all, much less reaching any agreements.
    So you could find anything from separate ICT courses to ICT being completely integrated into the rest of the teaching program, at any age level. You'll need to take it up with the school you're going to.

3. Yeah thats half my problem, I don't know which state I'm going to be sent to as I'm still in the interview process! Thank you for your comments though.

4. Yeah about that string! :)

Half the problem is I'm not sure where I'm going to end up. I was just after any examples really so I do a bit of background research, thank you for your comments I'll look at a few states more intently :)